Shop pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I broke down and took some pictures of my shop today as I have had the lazies and really don't feel like doing much.

Thanks for looking

View as you walk in the door
gen shop entry.jpg

Sink immediately to the left. Picture is from Friday. Pretty messy.
unfinished sink.jpg

OK, it was embarassing, so here is a picture as of yesterday.
sink finished.JPG

I built cabinets along the back walls with BC plywood. Used euro hinges and all ball bearing full extension slides for drawers. Isn't the prettiest in the world, but they work well and it was cheap. If I ever get a load of time and money I can always reface them.

cabs and miter.jpg

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Thats a great looking shop Travis with what looks like plenty of room to work in there. What are the overall dims for it?

D L

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
To my immediate right as I walk in I have my new Super Dust Gorrilla that I just got:bbiggrin:. I rigged the dust collection for my bandsaw, the belt/disk/ and Performax, but I have to save some money and finish some other projects before I can fix it as I intend to rework all my dust collection pipe.

cyclone.jpg

Right in front of the cyclone is my belt/disk sander. Pretty happy with it except for the wheels it came with. Only rolls front and back. I bought a HTC universal base for it and it helps, but I have not been a big fan of the HTC universal bases. Wheel cams are kind of a pain to use.

jet belt disk.jpg

Beside the Cyclone is my bandsaw. Made a new thing a ma jig (storage thingy) to hold the fence on the bandsaw.

band fence storage.JPG

Next to the bandsaw is my sliding compound mitersaw. I just finished the carcass of the cabinet and got the drawers in it. Still have to finish the drawers. Cabinet has collapsing wings so makes it nice and mobile.

miter cab fin.JPG

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
It is 24 x 32. I had the shell built by a company that does garages in Raleigh and I finished the interior myself with the help of friends.

Went pretty well overall with a few hard lessons learned.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
With a shop like that you have to have many projects in mind. I have a 20 x 20 shop with a small dust system. It seems it will always be a challenge trying to achieve a healthy workspace. Love you space. Hope you have heat and air. Make some sawdust. Lorraine

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
After the miter saw cab is my Performax.
performax.JPG

Next is my lumber rack which I plan on moving. It is the pits having windows between it as I lose too much space. I intend to move it to the wall to the far right, but I need to use up some wood first.
wood rack.JPG

Next is my plywood rack. It is hinged and swings out. Got it from Woodsmith or Shopnotes, can't remember which.
plywood rack.jpg

Here is my tablesaw and jointer pretty much in the center of the room. When I rework my dust piping I will move the big tools towards the left near where I put the lumber rack.

tablesaw.jpg

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Last set of shop pictures

Ok, this will be the end

Planer sits right beside the jointer. Have had it about 10 years and has worked very well. Put it on a mobile base as 500 lbs is a bit much to move.

planer.JPG

Here are my "reusable" scrap bins. Got them from a FWW Tools and Shop issue. They will go under my lumber rack once I get it moved.

scrap bin.JPG

Router table cabinet is still under construction. Have to get all my doodads stored and laid out to make it easy to use.

router storage.JPG

Miscellaneous bench top tools are over here. Normally I keep my oscillating spindle sander here, but I am using the shop vac to keep the dust down for it and it is stored on the other side of the room. Oh well.

mort clean.JPG

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Re: Last set of shop pictures

working out of a 1 car garage, I am more than a little envious of your space. YOU SUCK!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member

Started in a 8 x 20 building about 15 years ago. If I have learned one thing, it doesn't matter how much space you have you matter find a way to fill it up.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio

hmmmm. smaller than my garage.... LOML wants to be able to park her Explorer inside still. silly woman, like a garage was meant for that use...

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Looking good Travis! Your shop looks well used.

Gives me some incentive to post pictures of mine. I've spent the day cleaning mine up a bit and rearranging. Right now mine looks kind of empty... more room than toys right now. :-( but the woodworking show is coming up :lol:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Nice shop Travis, looks like soem great toys ya got there. When you upgrade that DC pipe you will be blown away by the difference. I just upgrade from 4" corrugated to all 6" HVAC and the difference in air flow is unbelievable.

Monty

New User
Monty
Nice looking shop you've got there! What is that cabinet under your table saw right extension table? Is that a rolling cabinet of some sort? The angled pieces in the sides made me wonder.... ?

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Wow, that's one nice looking, spaceous shop, filled with some very nice machines, I might add.

I like the miter saw cab and the plywood storage. I need to do smoething like that to free up some addl storage space in my small shop.

The DC system looks really awesome to me. Must be nice to not have to drag a hose around and connect to each tool.

Chuck

sapwood

New User
Roger
Travis, that is a well appointed shop! You obviously put a lot of thought into designing workstations and storage space. The Gorilla should be very happy there :mrgreen:

Sapwood

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Yes, it is a storage cabinet I just built. The drawers are 3 of the 14 I had to make over. I have got all of my saw accessories in there now including dado blades, spare blades, table inserts, push sticks, etc, etc. It is a touch on the wide side, but otherwise pretty good. What I think you are seeing angled is just my homemade panel cutter leaning up against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS