Shop Pictures in My Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Since Travis posted his this weekend and I had at least "started" cleaning mine up, I decided to post some pictures of my own. Enjoy.

M

McRabbet

Looks great and your workbench is still a very useful one. Looks like a planer and jointer are next to help fill up that other bay -- and you'll need to set up some ducting for your DC once the layout is set. I like your big out feed table -- great for assembly, too. And the router table is coming along nicely -- Porter Cable w/ router raiser underneath? What's the jig on your lumber rack? I'd guess it's a Tapering Jig, right? Basically a very useful shop -- looking forward to 1st-hand visit after the WW Show.

Rob

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Well I hoped I would start something. You have some very nice equipment there. One thing I will give you, you are more into painting/finishing the shop stuff. Me, it is either raw, or I put BLO on it here lately.

Even if you get a permanent shop, I still recommend making as much as you can mobile. Here I am rearranging my shop and griping about having to move the stuff. I am now putting everything on wheels I possibly can going forward.

DavidF

New User
David
That router table looks familiar - DaveO?
and was that sawdust under the saw just for show - the rest of the shop is so clean!

hpetty

New User
Hugh
McRabbett you were right about both the router and the taper jig. Very perceptive there. The sawdust wasn't exactly for show... the TS just sits in the last corner I was cleaning. Got tired of sweeping and vacuuming by the time I reached that corner. :lol: :lol: I've got a couple of sheets of plywood to cut down tonight, then it's time to start connecting up the DC. I'm tired of crawling around on the floor vauuming out the TS.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice shop very spacious. Your router table actually has a table on it, you're much farther along than I. Thanks for posting your shop pics, and making all of us with small dark, dirty shops feel inadequate:lol:

Dave:)

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Oh well, since we are posting shop photos, I posted a few of my shop a few days ago. It's not as big as I would like, but I'm pleased to have what I got.

Monty

New User
Monty
hpetty said:
With a 23' x 23' shop I have plenty of room for MORE TOYS.
That's the spirit!!! :icon_thum I was going to suggest using all that wall space for storage, but now I see why you can't. You've got some serious toys.... oops, I mean TOOLS there! :mrgreen:

Monty

New User
Monty
Splinter -- nice use of available space there. Looks like some nice "Idea Shop" style storage solutions!

Does that DP dust sucker thing actually work? Also, what is the string for on your mobile table - is that part of the caster mechanism?

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Splinter said:
Oh well, since we are posting shop photos, I posted a few of my shop a few days ago. It's not as big as I would like, but I'm pleased to have what I got.

Well organized and appointed shop, Splinter! Looks like you put a lot of thought into the layout.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Wow, great looking shop Hugh.:icon_thum Hopefully I can make it to the show in Feb so I can swing by your place on Saturday afternoon to see it in person.

D L

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Cool deal man. Its a god start. I am pretty much at the samel level of equipment. I am still looking to add a few tools to my collection as well.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I think it is a very nice layout. Lots of walking around space, and good use of what you have.

I'm with Insomniac, does that DP dust sucker thingy work? I could have used it last night drilling about a 100 holes.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
insomniac said:
Splinter -- nice use of available space there. Looks like some nice "Idea Shop" style storage solutions!

Does that DP dust sucker thing actually work? Also, what is the string for on your mobile table - is that part of the caster mechanism?

Yes, the DP dust sucker thing actually does work. It doesn't get every chip but it does get most if you position it correctly. The "hose" is jointed and tends to stay where you put it. It sure does save time on clean up.

The string on the mobile work table is used to pull the wheels up to make the table stationary. If I was to build the table again I would not add this feature. I think I have only pulled the wheels up once in 3 years of using the table. I found the plans in a magazine (??) and built it like the plans. I really like the fact that the table is mobile. I reget that I did not make my TS cut off/work table with wheels.:BangHead: Maybe one day if I ever get caught up.:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS