Shop Mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluthart

New User
Brian
So... after being motivated from the Charlotte Shop Crawl a few weeks ago, I have decided to air my dirty laundry. My shop is a complete mess, mostly due to having way too much lumber and way too little organization. (Maybe some of you were wondering why I am selling so much wood) Well when you see the photos you will understand why. My goal is to be on the Crawl next year. Albeit, most of my shop tools are now eligible for social security, I still think I can have a somewhat impressive "vintage" shop. WISH ME LUCK - I AM GOING TO NEED IT!
IMG_58551.jpg

IMG_5858.jpg

IMG_5859.jpg

HELP!!!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Brian,

That's pretty much what my shop looks like now:gar-Bi. I've got to get it cleaned by late Sept. for the South Raleigh Shop Crawl. Good Luck with the cleanup, and remember all old tools are not bad, I'm sure that you've got a boatload of good stuff there. But if you're like me, it's just not easy finding it.:rotflm:

Jimmy:mrgreen:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Are you sure that you didn't come take a picture of my bench?:dontknow:
That is the way mine looks now, and most of the time. I am gonna clean up a little this weekend also.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Brian,

That's pretty much what my shop looks like now:gar-Bi. I've got to get it cleaned by late Sept. for the South Raleigh Shop Crawl. Good Luck with the cleanup, and remember all old tools are not bad, I'm sure that you've got a boatload of good stuff there. But if you're like me, it's just not easy finding it.:rotflm:

Jimmy:mrgreen:

Hey Jimmy,

If you need help cleaning I'll come over and lend a hand. I'll bet You could get a lot more done with 3 hands!:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
"My shop is a mess because I have too much lumber"

And you expected what, sympathy? :rolf:

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
My shop is a complete mess, mostly due to having way too much lumber and way too little organization. (Maybe some of you were wondering why I am selling so much wood)

HELP!!!

I'm in the exact same boat. I have been trying to sell off small amounts of lumber in order to clean up a little. Once it piles up you can't even hardly use the equipment around you.

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
Hey Brian,
I did my part to aliviate you of your excess lumber but after seeing your shop first hand, I barely made a dent.
Take heart though, another wood run is just around the corner and I'll probably take another 50 100 ft of the white oak.

Mark

bluthart

New User
Brian
Bring it Mark! I still have a ton for you in mt shed! ( I also have some beautiful white maple) See ya soon!

jimwill48

James
Thats not to bad Brian. If need be you can store alot of that lumber at my place :rolf: but due count on a lot of shall we say shinkage. To much lumber a horrible problem to have. :gar-La;

You do need to clear a little space for that lathe thou.

James

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Do like I did. I didn't clean my shop for the shop crawl.:wink_smil

I am all about wysiwyg

What you see is what you get

Glennbear

Glenn
This thread is making me feel soooooooooo much better about the current state of my shop, it is currently [strike]a royal mess[/strike] a little disorganized :gar-La;

bluthart

New User
Brian
Luckily, the weatherman is calling for rain tomorrow and I am off of work, so I have no excuse but to get down there and start this project! (and it will be nice and cool too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS