Shop Insulation

ralitaco

Jim
Senior User
Your 2" polyiso has an R value of 12.4!!!!!!! grab every sheet you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I saw that which is why I was excited, but after hearing about the off gassing and having to address the black paper making it dark I think I will go with traditional insulation. I will watch online for some deals of extras.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
One more piece of advice. Hopefully, you will use your shop for many years. Do it right now so you can enjoy it Later. Remodeling is a pain!

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I saw that which is why I was excited, but after hearing about the off gassing and having to address the black paper making it dark I think I will go with traditional insulation. I will watch online for some deals of extras.
dark????????? you insulate, then COVER IT like in every other building. Will you please send me the contact info via PM?

Last edited:

ralitaco

Jim
Senior User
dark????????? you insulate, then COVER IT like in every other building. Will you please send me the contact info via PM?
PM sent.
As far as it being dark, I was planning on just putting up the rigid panels and not covering them.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Drywall under 3/4" thick is not considered 2 hour fire protection which is what polyiso requires in most domestic installations. Plus even if you did follow code there is a high likelihood that any stuff done after the initial installation to the rated walls will invalidate the rated fire protection (whether done by you or an unknown subsequent owner).

Don't do it. It's dangerous and there's a few damn good reasons it's not rated for insulating on the interior part of a structure.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
PM sent.
As far as it being dark, I was planning on just putting up the rigid panels and not covering them.
Then you dont have any walls to hang your tolls etc on, gotta cover it. Thanks for the PM info, will call to check it out, long drive but if price is great then off I go

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors