Shop improvement project

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I have several countertop tools that I don't have room to mount permanently. Sometimes I need my counter clear of them when they're not being used so I have room to work. I came up with the idea of making a base for each one, then holding them down on the counter with a T-track.

The bases are just scraps of 3/4" plywood with slots on the end for T-bolts
1660772086287.jpeg

I ground an oval in the middle so I didn't have to slide the T-bolts all the way from the end.
1660772252981.jpeg

It takes just seconds to mount or remove a tool.

Last edited:

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Nice idea! How securely is it holding down the various tools? Is vibration an issue with any of them so far?

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Nice idea! How securely is it holding down the various tools? Is vibration an issue with any of them so far?
That was the issue I was most worried about. I thought about gluing some tool drawer liner to the bottom of each base, but after running these for a bit I don't think I need to do that. The one I'm actually worried about a little is the vise. Sometimes you end up pounding on things you have clamped in it and I'm interested to see how the T-track holds up to that.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
That's the trouble with bench top tools, soon you run out of bench space. Maybe a tall open front storage cabinet is the next item of business. I can't find my bench as it's covered in bench top tools.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS