Shop help, trade for lessons,Wood,or tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I need some help cleaning and rearranging my shop.

I will I’ll pay cash, or trade for lessons, lumber, or tools.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Mike, I'll check my calendar and see what Saturday or Sunday I can free up, but it'll most likely be several weeks down the road. Three weeks ago we lost two of our experienced Electrical Maintenance people and we're terribly short handed at the moment. I've mostly been taking breakdown calls recently instead of getting the time to do my engineering work. Plus one of those two was in my group for on-call weekend duty. Right now there are only two of us so I essentially get every other weekend. I believe I can do either June 23 or June 24! Let me know and I'll add this to my calendar so I don't add something that will prevent my presence.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike, I am free to help you on the 9th and the 16th - let me know what works for you.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Why do you need help to rearrange your shop. Strong backs to move things around, etc? Hope that you're fit and fine!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
No, Jeff. I’m not fit and fine. I can work for about 15-20 minutes then I have to sit down and rest for an hour.
It’s hard to get much done like that. So I work like a mad man, leaving a trail of tools and piles of sawdust, scrap wood, and trash all around me. Then when I finish a project I take a day or two to clean up in 15-20 minute increments.

I need clear out out and make space to set up the dust collector so it is easier to use. I need to get rid of things that are in the way, things I have to work around.

I need organize all the hardware and small tools in my shop so I can go in and work efficiency to get the most done in the least time.

And i I need help with that.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'd like to help you with that, I'm just not sure as to when I could. That part I'm still working out.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
All of you guys are great friends and it is nice to see you offer to help. I know you all have issues and concerns of your own.

Graywolf especially has tons of work to clear out his dads shop. I wish I could help with that. Reality says otherwise and I really can’t expect you to put me ahead of your dad.

I was was hoping some of the younger guys that could use some help with hand tools, lumber, and a little extra cash would step up.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I’m not fit and fine. I can work for about 15-20 minutes then I have to sit down and rest for an hour.

Thanks Mike, we're always interested in the health of our friends and your rapid exhaustion is worrisome. Medical diagnosis, COPD, heart disease, etc?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
In 2005 I had pneumonia and was prescribed levaquin sp?

I had a very bad reaction resulting in permanent nerve damage and continuing episodes of random swelling, pain, and rashes.

Also so have scars in my lungs from the pneumonia that makes it hard to breath sometimes.

Nothing terrible serious or lethal but quite annoying and painful.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
Weekends are tough for me- especially through early July, but I can run up and meet you after work an evening or two and put a dent in it.
Let me know if that'll work

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
In 2005 I had pneumonia and was prescribed levaquin sp?

I had a very bad reaction resulting in permanent nerve damage and continuing episodes of random swelling, pain, and rashes.

Also so have scars in my lungs from the pneumonia that makes it hard to breath sometimes.

Nothing terrible serious or lethal but quite annoying and painful.

I have also had a negative reaction to the Quinaline antibiotics - caused an Achilles tendon tear - so I know these "miracle" drugs can cause really severe side affects. I now list them as an allergy on my medical records.

Once you set a date for the cleanup activities, I may be able to join in on the effort as well. Once the date is set, if I can be there, then I will.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike,
I'll come over and help out. I'm free Wednesday after work, if that works with your schedule. Let us know other dates when we can hit it harder and longer.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Unfortunately the FDA only got serious about that warning around 2016, before that it was handed out like candy for every kind of infection. One of my doctors prescribed Cipro for me even after I told him repeatedly that I had a severe reaction to Levequin. We had a serious argument and I slammed the phone down when he refused to change the script. I waited four years for him to retire before I went back.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Can we plan on June 16? I'll make a pot of something or burn some animals on the grill for lunch.

Of course anyone is welcome to drop by anytime, just call or e-mail and let me know you are on the way. If I'm home I'm usually in the shop or watching TV on a break.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS