Shop heater on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Joe, thanks for sharing. Been looking at that model for a few winters now and may have to bite the bullet and buy one at that price.

B.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
The only 220 circuit I have has the water heater on it -

I am thinking it would be a mistake to put this heater AND the water heater on that circuit - right?

kclark

New User
Kevin
I was looking at the same email and was actually looking at this one
48792_700x700.jpg

I was looking at the one you are looking at Joe, but my shop is 1,000 square feet. This one is rated for 1,000 but it doesn't have the thermostat.
I don't know which way to go myself.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
If you order it online, you can add something like this to your order ($1.99): http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200635365_200635365 and use code 244694 to save $20 off of $100 which will bring your total cost down to $81.48 before tax.
Dang that's cheap... Not saying anything bad its just me being cautious is all... But you may want to research its safety record, at a minimum I would want to know if it's UL listed.

A fire in the rafters can be very serious...

The internet is a black hole - nothing can escape it

Last edited:

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan

I am thinking it would be a mistake to put this heater AND the water heater on that circuit - right?

Let's just say that at full power this heater will draw 21-22A@240V. Most electric water heaters will have a 15-20A circuit at 240V, so if you add the water heaters typical 7-10A (1800-2400W) load onto the space heater's 21-22A load you may detect a small issue in those figures relative to the circuit breaker. :)

A space heater such as this really requires its own dedicated 25A to 30A circuit (you may use #12 wire if 25A circuit, otherwise opt for #10 wire if using a 30A circuit). If you opt for installing a 30A twist lock receptacle then you could use the same receptacle for a future 240V air compressor or 3-4HP power tool in the future whenever the heater is not needed (in which case use #10 copper and make it a 30A circuit as you will have difficulty finding 25A receptacles).

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Hank water and wood don't mix.....I would disconnect the water heater

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe

Looks like a conundrum, Hank.
Do you want to bathe in hot water or sweet sawdust?
:rotflm:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff

As others have said... You'll need to pull a new dedicated line from the panel box to the heater. Make sure you size the wire correctly and of course the breaker too.

The internet is a black hole - nothing can escape it

jgpncll

New User
Jeremy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS