Shop heater on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Joe, thanks for sharing. Been looking at that model for a few winters now and may have to bite the bullet and buy one at that price.

B.

Hmerkle

Hank
Corporate Member
The only 220 circuit I have has the water heater on it -

I am thinking it would be a mistake to put this heater AND the water heater on that circuit - right?

kclark

New User
Kevin
I was looking at the same email and was actually looking at this one
48792_700x700.jpg

I was looking at the one you are looking at Joe, but my shop is 1,000 square feet. This one is rated for 1,000 but it doesn't have the thermostat.
I don't know which way to go myself.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
If you order it online, you can add something like this to your order ($1.99): http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200635365_200635365 and use code 244694 to save $20 off of $100 which will bring your total cost down to $81.48 before tax.
Dang that's cheap... Not saying anything bad its just me being cautious is all... But you may want to research its safety record, at a minimum I would want to know if it's UL listed.

A fire in the rafters can be very serious...

The internet is a black hole - nothing can escape it

Last edited:

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan

I am thinking it would be a mistake to put this heater AND the water heater on that circuit - right?

Let's just say that at full power this heater will draw 21-22A@240V. Most electric water heaters will have a 15-20A circuit at 240V, so if you add the water heaters typical 7-10A (1800-2400W) load onto the space heater's 21-22A load you may detect a small issue in those figures relative to the circuit breaker. :)

A space heater such as this really requires its own dedicated 25A to 30A circuit (you may use #12 wire if 25A circuit, otherwise opt for #10 wire if using a 30A circuit). If you opt for installing a 30A twist lock receptacle then you could use the same receptacle for a future 240V air compressor or 3-4HP power tool in the future whenever the heater is not needed (in which case use #10 copper and make it a 30A circuit as you will have difficulty finding 25A receptacles).

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Hank water and wood don't mix.....I would disconnect the water heater

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe

Looks like a conundrum, Hank.
Do you want to bathe in hot water or sweet sawdust?
:rotflm:

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff

As others have said... You'll need to pull a new dedicated line from the panel box to the heater. Make sure you size the wire correctly and of course the breaker too.

The internet is a black hole - nothing can escape it

jgpncll

New User
Jeremy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS