Shop Fox jointer -- Caution: GLOAT in progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
I just got my Shop Fox 8" jointer in today. There are 4 other guys in the state who got in on a group purchase from Klingspor - their jointers are on the way from the warehouse here in Hickory.

Anyway, I was able to get this thing put together today. I have not run it yet - I have to get a plug and run a 220V circuit. But I figured I would share some pics - you know what they say... "no pics, didn't happen"!!! :lol:

IMG_4623.jpg

IMG_4624.jpg

The model number of this machine is W1741. Apparently they were running low on #1 stickers in the sweat shop that day and started rationing them! :lol:

IMG_4625.jpg

I can see already that there are some things I like and some things I don't like about this tool, but the dislikes are really fairly minor. Overall I think I'm going to be happy with it. I think this pic just about says it all!

IMG_4645.jpg

:cool:

There are lots more pics in this album. I will be posting a review and let ya'll know what I think of this machine as soon as I get it up and running. Thanks to Woodguy for helping me unload this thing and get that big bed up on the cabinet!

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
that can't be yours, there is way too much space left in that shop!

congratulations, YOU SUCK!

(sold the little baby jointer yet???)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Monty,

Congratulations on your most recent graduation. Please remove your current YOU SUCK! certificate from the wall and replace it with this one. YOU SUCK BIG TIME!

D (I am truly envious) L

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Nice score Monty! The side by side says it all. The 6" is fine for smaller work but you can immediately see why you will get better results on longer stock with the difference in bed lengths. :icon_thum

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wow, that's a veritable vortex of suckage :tongue11:

Steve D said:
Nice score Monty! The side by side says it all. The 6" is fine for smaller work but you can immediately see why you will get better results on longer stock with the difference in bed lengths. :icon_thum
Sure Steve, the 6" is "fine for smaller work" :brolleyes

:slap: Duh, Monty. They left out the #1 to allow space for the Peng logo :mrgreen:

Roger (whose jointer is a TS) :lol:

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Monty,

Your baby jointer is just like mine. There has been many times lately I could have used a 8" (jointer that is). Maybe when I win the lottery I can get a big daddy too. A worthy gloat.

J

jeff...

Sweet Jointer, man! I know your happy it shows! and oh by the way YOU SUCK (BIG TIME)!!!

Monty

New User
Monty
LOL!! Cathy, that's just awesome! Thanks for resurrecting the penguins!

OK boys and girls. I put the juice to this mother tonight. Let me just say... I'm happy! :mrgreen: More details to follow, so stay tuned!

Monty

New User
Monty
I will be posting a review tomorrow. But I wanted to provide a little "sneak preview"!!!

Click here:

:mrgreen:

T

toolferone

Is that a spot of glue I see there under that penny;-) ? Where else but in America would someone make a video clip of a jointer running, post it on a fourm and have all of us clamoring to see it. I LOVE this place!!!!

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Monty,

Nice score on the jointer. That last pic says a LOT about why you like the tool. (It was running at the time, wasn't it?) I'm gonna have to start rustling cattle in order to score a machine like that. :-(

Congrats

Ray

Monty

New User
Monty
Yea, you can hear it running when you click on that pic! This is the only machine in my shop that actually passes the nickle test! :mrgreen:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Impressed the heck outa me!!!

Nice score Monty! (First time that I can say that I have witnessed the nickel test!)

Thanks for the demo, Monty!

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS