Shop changes based on Shop Crawl feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpsnyder

Dan
Corporate Member
I was reminded at the picnic that I needed to report back on the shop reorg that started at the shop crawl in November. For those that were there I put a scaled graph paper in the middle of the shop and asked for ideas on rearranging it. Well no one was shy and I have implemented most of the ideas. The included... vertical lumber racks instead of horizontal, table saw in center of room with jointer next to it, workbench/outfeed table in front of the table saw and grouping tools needing dust collection down one wall. In addition I have added few tools (drum sander, 8" jointer) and 2 walls of old kitchen cabinets, so it it starting to come together.

Anyway, a big Thank You to all that gave suggestions at the shop crawl. This is a great organization with very helpful people!!

Here are the obligatory pics...
IMG_33861.JPG

View image in gallery
IMG_3387.JPG

View image in gallery

and for a wide angle view...

Again thank you to all who have suggested, enabled, and helped out!! You're the best!

Dan

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Its an amazing transformation! So glad the Shop Crawl was part of the inspiration in your new layout. But you sure did all the hard work :)

Jim

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Looks good!:icon_thum Think anyone would be interested in a Cocoa, FL Crawl? We could go to my shop then head to the Woodcraft in Orlando about 1:15 away!:icon_cheers

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Man, do I ever envy all that open floorspace! Kudos on the reorganization.

Re: Orlando Woodcraft, I love their new location. They now have roughly half the store allocated to their wood selection. I wish the Greenville (SC) Woodcraft had enough room for a similar selection. On the downside, the new location doesn't seem to have as much floorspace dedicated to larger equipment displays.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Looks good!:icon_thum Think anyone would be interested in a Cocoa, FL Crawl? We could go to my shop then head to the Woodcraft in Orlando about 1:15 away!:icon_cheers

sounds like fun. next trip to big O I will make a point of coming by! I've spent many a night on the beaches of cocoa....... :gar-Bi

jhreed

New User
james
Beautifully organized. I have two questions:
Where did all that floor come from? You cant see any floor in my garage/shop.
Where is your wife's car? I know you do not make her park outside in the weather. My wife would not stand for that.

I need you to come get me organized.

Great work. It has to make woodworking more fun.
James

dpsnyder

Dan
Corporate Member
James: Where did all that floor come from? You cant see any floor in my garage/shop.

Note sure myself, the before photo did not have nearly as much!

Where is your wife's car? I know you do not make her park outside in the weather. My wife would not stand for that.

We moved here from upstate NY and had no garage up there, so after winters in NY, not putting a car in the garage was not that big a deal. Plus I have a very generous wife. Whittling away at the honey-dew list helps too :gar-Bi

Dan

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Man, do I ever envy all that open floorspace! Kudos on the reorganization.

Re: Orlando Woodcraft, I love their new location. They now have roughly half the store allocated to their wood selection. I wish the Greenville (SC) Woodcraft had enough room for a similar selection. On the downside, the new location doesn't seem to have as much floorspace dedicated to larger equipment displays.

One of the downsides, I agree. They are not an SS dealer, and your hardpressed to find any good equipment to drool over besides joiners and router tables. I think they have one cabinet saw?!? But I do love the wood section. I picked up "special" cherry from there at about $4.75 bft that looks real nice coming of the planer.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Dan,

Kudos to the re-org! I was one of the lucky few who had an opportunity to see the "before" shop,

While organized, the new layout really squeezes out the efficiencies in space!

I love when a plan comes to together like that!

Oh, BTW congrats on some of the new tool acq's . The drum sander in particular!

Such a fun tool to have in the shop arsenal!

Sweet Apple Pie! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS