Shop Bench Finally Done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael S.

New User
Mike
I finally finished a cabinet for the shop that has taken over 4 months to complete... Cabinet ply (maple), walnut face, figured maple for the drawer fronts, and a store-bought maple butcher block top... It's 5' wide x 24" deep and has 15 drawers made from 1/2" BB ply. Not fine furniture, but is isn't going anywhere! I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Michael
Lugoff, SC

Attachments

• Workbench1.jpg
    Workbench1.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 140

llucas

luke
Senior User
That is really sweet!!....I like the pulls, very practical, not dust collection spots. But it's too neat...time to ding it up! Have fun doing it.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike,
That looks great.
did you make the drawers?
Did you just use bought slides or ???

Really nice piece - I do think it is very FINE shop furniture!

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
That's workshop furniture. Beautiful job and very nice looking!

Red

Michael S.

New User
Mike
Thanks for the positive comments...

I did make the drawers... Not sure what you call the joint, but I used 1/2" BB ply with an interlocking tab and slot on the corners... False fronts were cut from some figured maple boards I have lying around. Each drawer is supported by a full-extension Accuride 100lb slide. Loaded up, I think it probably weighs over 500lbs... Like I said, it ain't going anywhere!

So far I have just thrown things into the drawers, but I want to do some dividers and such to get organized... My shop is the quintiessential "10lbs of crap in a 5lb sack"! So, anything I can do to improve storage/organization is welcome!

Michael
Lugoff, SC

Mike,
That looks great.
did you make the drawers?
Did you just use bought slides or ???

Really nice piece - I do think it is very FINE shop furniture!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
My shop is the quintiessential "10lbs of crap in a 5lb sack"! So, anything I can do to improve storage/organization is welcome!

Michael
Lugoff, SC
I resemble that remark! ha ha (my shop too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS