Shop addition updates - WARNING,pic heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwat

New User
Bill
It has been a while since I've posted shop build updates with the holidays, etc. but here goes. Used holiday visitor labor to relocate heavy stuff. Thanks again to Greg Bender who stopped by at an opportune time!
Built a wood storage rack this weekend - mostly for sheet goods.
IMG_20120108_180455.jpg

View image in gallery
IMG_20120108_180533.jpg

View image in gallery

Shorts and organization of this wall still to-do.

Entering the new part - left wall.
Right wall - need to hang air cleaner and trim doors & windows. Also finish loft.

Bench top needs a base and clamp corner...

Tool cabinet to come on this wall.

Temporary mitersaw station...

The process never ends but I am making S L O W progress. Tired of construction and looking forward to getting back to project shavings. Any suggestions or ideas welcomed.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Bill, the new shop is looking GREAT! Plenty of light, plenty of work space, and enough room to move around. Can't wait to see the next installment. :eusa_clap

Bill

T

toolferone

Looks great, I REALLY love the pine walls! Is it T&G, did you buy it or make it? Does it have any finish on it? Sorry for all the questions,

bwat

New User
Bill
Tom, the siding is T&G knotty pine. I ordered it as "V groove" but came in as beaded groove. Didn't complain due to bargain price. No finish yet, I purchased Minwax water based Polycrylic to keep the light tone but didn't get it finished. Now that the equipment is moved in I doubt it will happen so will let it age naturally.

dupont6480

New User
Tim
Bill,
Looks great! Really like the wood storage area. I have been playing around with different ideas to build for my shop. Did you build that router table? I need to build one and looking for plans. . .
Great work and look forward to more pics.
Tim

bwat

New User
Bill
Tim, Router table plans are numerous with a few web searches. This one is shop made with a Woodpecker top, fence & lift with a PC 7518 router. One of my MANY rountuits is to build a larger table base with better dust collection underneath the table, more bit storage and an external switch. There are many modifications of Norm's popular design out there that fill these needs. Good mobility should also be incorporated in your plan. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS