Sheppach (Grizzly) Track Saw At Sears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Did you get a chance to use it yet?

Nope. It was delivered early last week, and the Dewalt track clamps later in the week. I've been clearing trees around the house and haven't had time. But, I will try it tomorrow. I did put the saw in the track and adjust it to remove any play, and cut the rubber strip. The 2 included tracks fit perfectly and I couldn't tell when the saw crossed the connection. The saw slides smoothly in the track and the Dewalt clamps fit perfectly. I think I'll be very satisfied for $231.60, tax included. Ken

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
How about now, did you use it yet?

(sorry, :slap:)

I used the tracksaw today on a glued-up Pine panel and a 4 foot piece of cheap Lowes ply. Nice clean cut on both sides and no splintering (the ply had splintering from sawing on the tablesaw previously).
I'm very impressed. Although I haven't used a Festool or Dewalt, the Scheppach is going to be more than adequate for my needs.

I'll try to remember to get some pics and a video mid-week.

Ken

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
did you buy the non slip tape from sears or go with the dewalt clamps?

As with the Festool and Dewalt tracks, the tracks have built-in non-slip strips on the bottom. They seem to hold well but I prefer to use the clamps for extra security. The DW clamps are ~$33 on Amazon for a pair.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I had an opportunity to drive Canuck's new arrival today. We ripped (looked like a joiner cut) and crosscut (very little tear-out on top and absolutely clean on the bottom), 3/4" birch ply he is using for cabinet sides. The sticky strips didn't move a bit once the saw started. Saw weight and downward pressure keeps it still. We used the 2 - 25" tracks, both together and as a 25" track. The 2 tracks aligned perfectly and w/o any bump. No clamps were used in this production!
I'm sold! Now I need to find the best source for all of the pieces.....

Rob

New User
Rob
OK, now I want one too.I don't have that much use for it, but I want one anyway.

Thanks for the reviews, very helpful! :tool: (enablers....)

Me too, alas, I'm saving for blacksmithing stuff right now.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Just looking around, the Sheppach track saw with the 2 - 25" tracks is available on Amazon for $199 w/ free shipping. (I paid $221 with tax/free shipping from Sears.)

The Grizzly version of the Sheppach saw is running around $180 - when they get it in stock. The only place I have found the longer track is on Grizzly for around $50. - That would be the 55" rail I believe. Available sometime in Feb..

I think it was around $249 at McFeely and Grainger's.

From the performance that I have seen in this saw, I think that I will be a happy camper. (Oh and the dust collection isn't too shabby either!)

Thanks Ken for your initial post! :icon_thum

Wayne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS