Shelix Order from Byrd - 7 months and waiting

findthehumorinthings

New User
Find the humor
Anyone else waiting several months for Byrd to ship your order? I ordered a cutter head in January. They keep telling me it’s in the queue. I’m a patient guy but this is getting ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
I have been waiting since late January also. I’m thinking I have gone this long without it I might cancel.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Both Byrd and Lux are backordered. These are small companies and know better than to over-leverage and expand for a temporary surge. I was lucky and only waited a month for my jointer and was able to get a return from someone who bought a bigger planer for my 735. For me, they were worth every penny. I suspect we are going to see more logistical backlogs due to Delta worldwide. Everything comes from somewhere else. Could be as simple as the screws, could be the raw steel. We don't know.

findthehumorinthings

New User
Find the humor
My DW735 has the original Shelix in it. I ordered the new one for the slightly larger diameter.

I’ll give them till August and then pay them a visit if something doesn’t show up. Backlog or not, they took my money on day 1 of the order and I’m out money and product for more than half a year. They knew there was a backlog when they took order and payment, website said could be ‘weeks’, but not 30 of them.
It’s only right to be up front about it.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member

I’ll give them till August and then pay them a visit if something doesn’t show up. Backlog or not, they took my money on day 1 of the order and I’m out money and product for more than half a year........
Most reputable online retailers do not charge to one's credit card until the item ships. Money, money, money.

findthehumorinthings

New User
Find the humor
9 months now and they keep saying it’s coming sometime later. I’ve asked several times now. The story has changed each time. This is complete garbage.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
9 months now and they keep saying it’s coming sometime later. I’ve asked several times now. The story has changed each time. This is complete garbage.

Whats the story been? In 9 months a child can be born!. I would tell them to keep it, I wouldve told them that after a month actually.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
In the following video, James mentions the brand of helical head that he currently uses, and where to buy them

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Lux was backed up same as Byrd. I am sure they would have loved to deliver them the next week, but there is this little thing going around called COVID. I have one of each between jointer and planer. Both seem excellent.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Lux was backed up same as Byrd. I am sure they would have loved to deliver them the next week, but there is this little thing going around called COVID. I have one of each between jointer and planer. Both seem excellent.
A little thing called Covid isnt keeping a company from producing a single component. There is something terribly wrong there if its over 9 months to make a Single standard part that they typically make. I work for a large truck (class 8) manufacturer, while weve had supply chain issues, we are still producing vehicles (thousands of parts from all over the world).

findthehumorinthings

New User
Find the humor
Still waiting. Earlier this year it was a few more weeks. Every time I asked, it was again a few more weeks. Translation, they are not working orders FIFO.

This behavior seems dishonest.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
A lot of jumping to conclusions here. I know it is frustrating, but that is a harsh accusation you don't have a basis for. You do not know what their supply chain is. For all we know, a key employee could have gotten sick and you don't just hire a master machinist off the street every day.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
The main driver of the OP's frustration is that the item has already been paid for, and they have to reach out to the company for updates. Regardless of supply chain or workforce issues, failing to proactively communicate with your customers when you've taken their payment is a bad business practice.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
You do not know what their supply chain is. For all we know, a key employee could have gotten sick and you don't just hire a master machinist off the street every day.
You can certainly locate one in 9 months especially when this is what you DO. Certainly not very high tech they spell jointer , joiner :(

Last edited:

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Just curious about the cost of the Lux, went on their website and it said the 735 model was in stock and would ship in 3 days!

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Still waiting. Earlier this year it was a few more weeks. Every time I asked, it was again a few more weeks. Translation, they are not working orders FIFO.

This behavior seems dishonest.

I would ask for a refund. Immediately. If that doesn’t happen, I would contact my bank.

djyoungcity

djyoungcity
Corporate Member
I ordered a Lux for my DW735 and Delta Jointer (This was late August 2021), both came in within 1 week. Not sure if Lux are really still backordered. They showed they were in stock on mywoodcutters, so I ordered, and arrived quickly.

Now to get my jointer aligned properly after the install...

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
Most reputable online retailers do not charge to one's credit card until the item ships. Money, money, money.

Sounds like Byrd also may be running afoul of the"30-day Rule."

This has all the sounds of a company circling the drain. Start working to get your money back - directly or through your credit card.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I am not a very patient person. Especially if it is costing me money or a lot of time.
This has cost you both. You are more patient than I.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS