sheet of copper

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapdafish

New User
Steve
I ordered a set of DJMarks plans, the copper top hall table. In it, he uses patinated copper for the top. Any idea where I could get something like that in the triangle area? I am not sure where to begin looking.

Thnx....Steve

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I would vote for a roofing company also. There area is one in your area that comes up on a search: B & B Contracting/Apex Roofing 552-0944. I also found www.raleighmetals.com , www.surtronics.com & www.farmers-copper.com as other possibls sources. Please show us how it comes out. DMarks patination is almost as cool as his woodworking. It would be very cool if you could show a set by set of the process. Dave:)

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I agree with all above. I'd search for copper flashing on foogle. I found quite a few hits. Just make sure it's not coated with asphalt...had a few of those come up too.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Steve,

I bought a sheet of copper from Best Distributing in Goldsboro.
How much do you need?

I got mine to make a bird house for she who must be obeyed, BUT it never materialized. I still have it.

Bernhard

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Steve,

forgot to mention something: There is a book" The colouring and patination of metal" It has every conceivable recipe along with a picture of the results.
I got a copy if you want to take a look at it.

Bernhard

zapdafish

New User
Steve
i'll have to wait for the plans to show up with the cut list, hehe. I will probably modify it to suit what I want, but I am hoping to make a coffee table and some end tables initially. might make a run for some of that mahogony special running at wall lumber.

I would love to take a look at that book, the plans I saw had a blue patina, i would like to get a more of a green patina.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
For full sheets of copper, N B Handy, for smaller pieces, Baker Roofing, would be my first choices. Raleigh Metals is a a salvage yard, but they no longer do any retail sales-it's a long story, sad, but true.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Steve,

I live in the middle of nowhere between Bahama and the end of civilization as we know it, but I work in Durham. If you interested in taking a look at the book, PM me and we can meet somewhere around Durham after X mas. The book is full of recipies to create just about every color. In case you need some specialty chemicals, I can help out (working in the pharmaceutical industry has some benefits).

I am also curious what you'll think of DJ Marks plans. I just received 2 of his plans. I was a bit underwelmed.

Bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS