Sharpening workshop June 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
Mike,

Unless I missed a thread along the line, I will need to know a bit more about the workshop location.

Thanks.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Mike,

Unless I missed a thread along the line, I will need to know a bit more about the workshop location.

Thanks.

Complete directions and a map to my shop will go out in a PM to all participants a few days before the workshop. But for general location purposes, Liberty is in the northeast corner of Randolph co., about 20 miles south of Greensboro and Burlington.

Bill

MikeH

New User
Mike
Can you guys put out a list of participants your planning on having at the workshop?

Sent from my Droid on Tapatalk 2

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
It's in the first post, Mike.

There are 12 but I think maybe one can't make it and we plenty of room for 11 or 12.

DanR

New User
Dan
I just found out I have a graduation that afternoon, please give my spot to the next person.

Bryan S

Bryan
I am most likely going to have to drop out. My grandson started playing T-Ball this year, and I have taken 2 Tuesdays off in a row off only to have both games called because of storms. I just learned that one of his make up games will be that Saturday. It will be the only one that I can go to, and I will be at his game. I may be able to show up for an hour or 2, I do not know. I apologize and I especially hate having to cancel when a date was set with my schedule in mind, but I am appreciative.

If someone else wants my spot let them have it.

jnforness

New User
John
Re: Time for a sharpening workshop?

Fee is generous!!! Problem is with the date. Wife has me out of town for the weekend, so I am going to have to regrettably bow out.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
If you're coming to the workshop, please feel free to bring whatever sharpening devices you prefer, or would like to learn how to use. This includes machines (Grinders, Tormek, Worksharp, etc.), stones (water, oil, diamond, etc.), and jigs, (Wolverine, honing guides, etc.). And of course, those dull tools (chisels, plane irons, turning tools, etc.).

Bill

PS: I have plenty of band-aids. :gar-La;

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Also bring your dull kitchen knives, garden tools, axes and anything else that you need to keep sharp.

MikeH

New User
Mike
As much as I've been looking forward to the workshop it's not going to work out for me this time. I'll try to get to the next one. Take lots of pics.

Sent from my Droid on Tapatalk 2

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member

Well- I have to say a big thanks to Bill and Mike for a great workshop.
Not only did they bring a couple of disused chisels and planes back to life, I now have some confidence I can do it myself.
To top it off I brought a saw that came down from my Grandfather, Mike showed me how to joint, file and set a saw- how cool is that?

Good to meet some fellow NCWWers, sorry so many couldn't make it.
Just meant more pizza and doughnuts for the rest of us!

This is my second workshop with Mike and I can't say enough.
Don't miss the opportunity when it comes along, you won't be sorry.

And don't be embarrassed to bring some rusty, dull old tools.
No one will laugh at you, at least not while you're looking.

(I think Bill has the pics)

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User

I can't say it any better than samllboat's post. Thanks Bill and Mike! My skew chisel has new life and I have new knowledge.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member

Thanks to Bill Clemons for sharing his great shop with us, and his experience! He showed us a slick sharpening station using diamond plates. It slides out from under a counter for instant access. I sharpened a handsaw for the first time ever. Of course Mike had to re-do it. But now I will at least try it myself. I sharpened a knife, several chisels, a plane blade and even a forstner bit. The best lesson learned was to sharpen your tools as you work, BEFORE they are dull. We had a great time , and got some work done too! Thanks again to Bill and Mike.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed it and were able to get a few tools sharpened. And just to prove it really happened, here are the pics.

IMG_2748.JPG

View image in gallery

Just in case you're wondering what is happening in this pic, that is PeteM slicing a sheet of paper w/ a hatchet he sharpened. Wow!

Bill

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member

It was a fun day! I got to meet a few more NCWW'ers and came away with a nice sharp hatchet!!!

Thanks to Bill for hosting and Mike for sharing his expertise.

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS