Sharpening Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone! I was told of this site by one of my customers {bill Clemmons} This is my frist post!! I have been married for 21yrs, I have three boys (3 Boys Wood Toys) and (Tucker Toys),Live in Liberty NC. I run Sharpening Service for over 10 yrs now! I can sharpen allmost anything? Except your wit or your mind!!!!!! The shop is located about 14 miles south of burlington NC. about smack dab in the middle of the state? If you have any ?s please ask! 336-565-8028. Thanks for letting me share!
Al Freitas

Hi, After reading older posts on sharpening Service, I must add that I DO receive USPO Service and UPS Service here in liberty NC. There should be a way to keep this service here in our state whether Here in Liberty, in Raleigh, or Charlotte?
Thank you for letting me post!
Al

Hi Rob, Yes? Depends on what the boys have planed for me! My hr's are flexable! A call before allways helps! Thanks and looking to hear from you! Al

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Do you have a standard price list?

I'm mostly interested in sharpening planer blades and table saw carbide blades, but would like to see a complete list if possible.

Asheville Hardware

New User
Asheville Hardware
Welcome Al!

Do you sharpen hand saws by chance? Specifically, can you sharpen them for either rip or cross cut according to a customers preference?

Scott

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Al.

I too would be interested in getting a price list for your sharpening service.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Gee Bill, now I have another excuse to visit Liberty.

Rob, you know you never need an excuse. :nah:

Just FYI. I've been using Al for several years and have been very satisfied. So far he's done my jointer knives, planer knives, 10" and 12" circular blades, and my 8" Freud Super Dado set. All have been very well done. Today I took him my 80 tooth, 12" Forrest miter saw blade.

Just for the record, I have no financial interest in Al's business. My only interest is that he stay in business so I have a nearby source to get my blades sharpened. :gar-Bi

Welcome to the site Al. :eusa_danc

Bill

Do you have a standard price list?

I'm mostly interested in sharpening planer blades and table saw carbide blades, but would like to see a complete list if possible.
Hi Mike , Mark, and All, Here's a short list of prices!

Carbide tip:
10" 32t circular blade 12.50 up
12" 40t " " 16.50 up
Dado blades set 25.00 up
Router bits 2 flute 5.50 up
Moulding bits 20.oo up

Chisels 1" 3.00 up
Planer blades .75 an In. up W/nicks 1.00 In.
Joiner blades .75 an In.
Lathe tools 3.00 up
Scraper blades 3.00 up
Hand saws in good condition 15.00 up
Chain saw chains 14-16 in 5.00 up

The condition is every thing! Chips and Nicks take longer to get out, The more it costs!
The more you have sharpened the better the price!If you have a ? Please ask.
I take Pride in my work and Guarantee all my all that I do!
Thanks
Al Freitas
Sharpening Service

Travis

New User
Travis
What are signs that blades need a once over? I have only been at this hobby for 5 years and self taught so I have no reference of when a blade should be sharpened. :eusa_thin:eusa_thin

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Travis, If you are getting tear out, burning, or you think you need a new blade or bit. You need sharpening. Basically, if you aren't getting good performance you should check into sharpening, lots cheaper than buying new blades.

Another reason to go to Liberty!!:gar-La;
Berta

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
What are signs that blades need a once over? I have only been at this hobby for 5 years and self taught so I have no reference of when a blade should be sharpened. :eusa_thin:eusa_thin

Sometimes all a blade needs is a good cleaning. Pitch and tar can build up on a blade and make it seem dull. I usually clean my carbide tipped circular saw blades 2 or 3 times between sharpening, and that helps.

Bill

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
Al, do you sharpen blades other than wood working tools? I've got some grooming blades, A5's from Oster and Laube, that I need sharpened. The prices in Raleigh are very high, I can buy a new blade set for what they want.

Thanks,

To all,
When do I need blades sharpened?
All post are spot on! After 5yrs depending on use, you need to start look to get things sharpened! A big factor is safety! dull blade like to grab instead of cut, we all know what happens then? Keep them clean as Bill would say!When you see your shop fill with smoke you might want to get things sharpened! Just kidding! You will know when its time!
On shears YES I do do them! About $8.00 set depending on condition? Better prices on quantity!
Thanks Al

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome to the group Al. I had a sharpening shop for many years, before moving to NC. I sold all the equipment before moving to Newton area, because the only source I had at the time, informed me a Yankee would never get any business here, and further more, there were many sharpening shops. I learned that wasn't so. I have been asked by many people, particularly the portable band sawmillers to get back into it. Rather enjoy my SEASONED years doing woodworking for fun and ...ah...fun.
Good luck with the sharpening! :wwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS