sharpening service

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
Does anyone know of a saw sharpening service in Central NC. I know of a fellow near Kanapolis but I think he is trying to retire from the buisness.
Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Mark,
This thread may be of some use. Hope this helps. I think we might want to add sharpening services to our "Where Are?" link on the menu bar. I will send a PM to Chris and Monty and suggest it.

HTH,

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Mark,
This thread may be of some use. Hope this helps. I think we might want to add sharpening services to our "Where Are?" link on the menu bar. I will send a PM to Chris and Monty and suggest it.

HTH,
No, you don't get away that easily.:eusa_hand :eusa_naug:lol::lol:
How about creating the list and then one of us will make it an official page.:eusa_pray

MikeH

New User
Mike
No, you don't get away that easily.:eusa_hand :eusa_naug:lol::lol:
How about creating the list and then one of us will make it an official page.:eusa_pray

:rolf: Works for me. I'll start compiling the list this weekend. :lol:

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Does anyone know of a saw sharpening service in Central NC. I know of a fellow near Kanapolis but I think he is trying to retire from the buisness.
Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

GrindTech is located about 5 miles west of Salisbury on highway 150. I would think there would be something in Mooresville or Statesville which would probably be closer to you.

You may give Huntersville Hardwoods a call and find out who they use.:eusa_thin

Jerry

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
Speaking of Huntersville Hardwoods,
Do they sell wood to the public or are they only commercial retailers.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Speaking of Huntersville Hardwoods,
Do they sell wood to the public or are they only commercial retailers.

They are primarily wholesale supplier. If you are a legitimate business with a license and tax number they will sell to you but they have a minimum purchase amount.

If you "know someone" that works there they might make an exception.

Jerry

Last edited:

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
I contacted Huntersville Hardwoods once and they told me their mininium order was 1/2 a tractor trailer load. I am a legit biz, btw.

Rob

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
I contacted Huntersville Hardwoods once and they told me their mininium order was 1/2 a tractor trailer load. I am a legit biz, btw.

Rob

Policies do change-------------been a while but the last two times I bought from them it was a 500bf minimum.

Life goes on-----------------------

Jerry

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Most of the retail outlets (Woodcraft, Klingspor) offer sharpening. But they do have to put a mark up on these services as it takes their time. Personally, I send my stuff to Dynamic Saw in Buffalo NY. Ridge Carbide and Forrest offer sharpening, but Forrest is VERY PROUD of their work. I send my stuff in an $8.95 flat rate box from the post office. It is the cheapest and definately the most convienent way to ship. The local post office is five minutes from the house. It is a one person office and post mistress is absolutely wonderful to deal with. Postman brings um back and sets them on back porch. Local services are thirty miles one way from shop. That means at least two hours lost time, not including the gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS