Sharpening Service Recommendations

Lowespro2

Nick
Senior User
I’m in the Raleigh area and looking to get some Freud table saw and miter saw blades sharpened. The Freud website has a few companies in NC listed for sharpening services, the closest to Raleigh is Burnette LTD in High Point. The other services listed on Freud’s website are in Charlotte or west of there. I called Burnette about their sharpening services, they pickup and deliver to Raleigh every Monday. Has anyone used Burnette to sharpen their blades? Any recommendations on other sharpening services?

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Is Raleigh Saw still around? I have had blades sharpened by them and was satisfied with their work. Last time I went to their place it was in north Raleigh.

Roy G

Lowespro2

Nick
Senior User
Look up on line W.D Quinn Saw Company. Website is www.quinnsaw.com
Excellent company with quick service and good prices.

Frank, their prices do seem reasonable for their services and your not the only person to recommend them on the forum. I’ve also read some posts about a service in Buffalo, NY. What I have not seen posted is how much extra it costs for the shipping to and from for those out of state services.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Frank, their prices do seem reasonable for their services and your not the only person to recommend them on the forum. I’ve also read some posts about a service in Buffalo, NY. What I have not seen posted is how much extra it costs for the shipping to and from for those out of state services.
Dynamic Saw in Buffalo. Only complaint is their system grinds down the safety nubs on Freud blades. Otherwise, excellent service and pricing. Remember you can put up to 75# of blades in a "Flat Rate Box." Return shipping is priced by Dynamic, so check their web site. Best way I have done is a "group" sharpening. Be forewarned that all they blades will come back with the name on the CC / invoice laser engraved onto them

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
I have had good success with Raleigh Saw, 5805-C Departure Drive, Raleigh, N.C. 27616. Phone 919-832-2248
They are located between Capital Blvrd and Litchford off of Wake Forest Road.
David Turner

Cuthriell

Cuthriell
Senior User
Ridge Carbide Tool does a fine job. I have sent them all types of blades including a Forrest WW2. Their own brand blades are also good.

Kelly

Kelly
User
The Hardwood Store uses a service that I have been happy with. I don’t know who it is.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS