Sharpening Drill Bits

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I use a belt sander

There are lots of different types and kinds of machines out there that can be defined as a 'belt sander'. Can you be more specific?. Often belt machines intended for metal are called belt grinders rather than sanders. Burr King makes a pretty good line of belt grinders. for example.

bobsmodels

Bob
Senior User
What do you guys use to sharpen your drill bits? Is the drill doctor 750x or 500x or (Ddxpk at Lowes)

I see the DD750x priced at $149.95 at several places but I see it for $69 at Uncil. Something must not be good with Uncil??

A bit late to this, I use a TDR sharpener. Found it at flea market with several attachments. Can easily and quickly sharpen drill like in less than minute once you get good at putting it in the holder. Adjustments for many point angles, relief angles, parabolic. It is a bit expensive, I have the model 82B. www.Drill-Grinder.com – For the fastest Drill Sharpener, the easiest Drill Grinder, and the quickest Point Splitter you can buy!
I also have a Darex M5 which I no longer use, although I think its web thinning is quicker.
Bob

TDR-side-one-cut.jpg
TDR-Small-Cuck-Loaded.jpg

Last edited:

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Oh, please don't. I have a very grating and disjointed delivery and a face even a mother can't love.

I would be happy to help train a beautiful presenter for the vids.
Don’t worry we will hand you a pork chop so the dogs will play with you . Actually we need to discuss doing some video work. We can keep it simple and focus on the process not the personality.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS