Sharpening Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

New User
Rob
I finally finished this yesterday, nothing much, just a place to keep my grinder and accesorries. I'm thinking about mounting my worksharp next to it also. There's a pancake air compressor inside, a vent on the side so air can get in.

sharpening_cabinet.jpg

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I wish I had room for something like that. Now I'm setting the grinder on the floor while I use the one little table for everything else.

Do you use the air for grinding or just put it in there to get it out of the way?

Rob

New User
Rob
I only use air for metal work type stuff, and have a large compressor for that. The little pancake air compressor is used for nail guns, blowing out hollow forms, etc. Things that don't need a lot of capacity for. And now it's out of the way.

T

toolferone

Nice! This has been on my list for a while. Your post might move it up the list a few notches.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Nice job Rob. :icon_thum I'm still not 100% satisfied w/ my sharpening arrangement. Just haven't figured out what I want to change.

Bill

Rob

New User
Rob
Thanks Bill. I just wanted a place to put my grinder, and store all the jig accessories. Like I said, I'm not sure if I'm going to put the work sharp there or not. Right now I have it and my stones on another cabinet, but I might move it here and leave my stone where they are.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
This is my sharpening area. I originally used this corner of the shop for finishing but now do most of that across the room on the assembly table. I can move the worksharp down under the counter when I need to but mostly it just stays on top where it is.

The middle cubby hole has a large bench hook type sharpening platform for the stones. It's just plywood with some hardboard sandwiched on top for a work surface. I can pull it out of the cubby and set it on the workbench or assembly bench and not get metal swarf all over their surfaces.

- Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS