Shadow Box finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Finished the shadow box :eusa_danc for my good friend at work, he was very pleased as was I. feel free to check out the pics in the Shadow Box photo gallery
Thanks for your time
Gary
Mac07.jpg

Attachments

• Mac (4).jpg
    Mac (4).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 217
Last edited by a moderator:

Arcrist

New User
Andy
Those are some mean rounds, wouldnt want to be around when it goes off.

Very creative and thought out, good work.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great job Gary, I had to add a pic to your post, the first one just didn't show the beauty of the finished project:lol: You've got a lucky friend!

Dave:)

MarkW

New User
Mark
Very nice work. Very professional joinery and I really like the design. It shows the serious thought you put into it !

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Thanks for all the positive replies, I really love making these and seeing the joy they bring
The 30mm tips are Walnut & Cherry as well, my first attempt on the lathe
Dave: I was toying with the folks here by putting pic of my design idea layout on the thread, thought it would get more people to look at the full build sequence :eusa_whis
Take care all
Gary

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Gary......awesome job on the shadow box.:icon_thum I like the way you incorporated all of the enlisted insignia of grade along the lines of the flag frame. Where do you get your laser engraving done at?

D L

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
DL:
The framing shop on Pope did that for me, 20 bucks, which is a great deal, only problem was their machine can only handle 26" width... So i had to cut it into 3 pieces, etcht it then reglue it, but you really can't tell, unless you know it happened...
Gary

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
kota62 said:
DL:
The framing shop on Pope did that for me, 20 bucks, which is a great deal, only problem was their machine can only handle 26" width... So i had to cut it into 3 pieces, etcht it then reglue it, but you really can't tell, unless you know it happened...
Gary

Thanks Gary, I just checked out the rest of the photos for this project in your album. Great job on documenting the design and building process. Your glue up of the engraved header piece turned out very well. I know your friend Mac is going to be proud to hang that on his wall.

D L

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Arcrist said:
Those are some mean rounds, wouldnt want to be around when it goes off.

They are fine to be around, as long as you are uprange from it:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS