Set up for Omni jig dovetail jig

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
It’s been a while since I’ve used that jig. Exactly what is not working?

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
It sounds like the set up on the router needs a little tweaking. Are you able to zoom while in your work space?

wsrhue

wyattspeightrhue
User
Be sure you are using the correct template guide bushing and dovetail bit. I've struggled with it in the past and switched out the guide and suddenly it worked fine. It seams like it wouldn't matter.

Dustmaker

New User
Gerald
Be sure you are using the correct template guide bushing and dovetail bit. I've struggled with it in the past and switched out the guide and suddenly it worked fine. It seams like it wouldn't matter.
[/QUOTE
I'm using what the owners manual says to use. The collar, router bit and templete

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Where are you located? I or someone here may be able to help but location is needed.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
setting up with the directions is fine and gets you somewhat close. Then you have to fine tune the router to get the proper fit. thickness of material matters. change that and you are back to square one. I have a router dedicated to my jig. this makes fine tuning a bit easier. I also try to get my material to an exact thickness to minimize future setups. I mostly use the jig for drawers. I'm an hour or more away and am willing to help if you want to travel but I'm sure someone from your area will come along soon. I found some videos on line to set mine up but they are too big to send or post.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
You know live in High Point near the Farmers Market, not far at all, however, if you can face time or Zoom then I could help you. Like I offered before.

Dustmaker

New User
Gerald
I do better hands on than visual. My other dovetail jig works fine. I got this one because a much better jig. Thanks for the offer. I will get back to you later.
Thank you very much

craftbeerguy

Craft Beer Guy
User
Hey Gerald, I've owned the monster 24" Omni jig for 20+ years. The only time I encountered problems is when I bought a replacement bit and the angle was incorrect. Check the manual and make sure it's the correct one, not just any 1/2" dovetail bit will work. Also, the depth setting may end up more shallow than you think. I believe mine is set at 19/32" which looks more like a box joint. Anyway, I've cut hundreds on this jig.

Dustmaker

New User
Gerald
Hey Gerald, I've owned the monster 24" Omni jig for 20+ years. The only time I encountered problems is when I bought a replacement bit and the angle was incorrect. Check the manual and make sure it's the correct one, not just any 1/2" dovetail bit will work. Also, the depth setting may end up more shallow than you think. I believe mine is set at 19/32" which looks more like a box joint. Anyway, I've cut hundreds on this jig.
Thanks. I'm using the porter cable dove tail bit and guide bushing thst the owners manual says use and the depth it calls for. Then I start adjusting from that point. Nothing seems to work.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS