service????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
PT Barnum was right. I wonder how many customers this guy has. But hey, if he can draw them in, more power to him.

I might have to rethink my business plan. Hmm lets see how about exotic gerbil bedding. Send in your wood and I will turn it into the most beautiful gerbil bedding. Or, you can just let us decide on what you need and we will ship it post haste. Our current offerings are Cocobolo or how about some Brazilian cherry for the hip crowd..........:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Mike

dave

New User
Dave
This has got to be a weird joke of some type. I mean I know there are some people out there that will spend (waste) money on the dumbest things, but come on.

Look at the image in this link, you can send a very common sharpener sitting on the table. :rolf:

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
I am now officially one of Mr. Warburton's friends on Facebook. I will now have access to his genius first hand. :gar-La;

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Fred, you can ship your pencils to me and I'll sharpen them for half the price of that guy. :icon_thum

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
This has got to be a weird joke of some type. I mean I know there are some people out there that will spend (waste) money on the dumbest things, but come on.

Look at the image in this link, you can send a very common sharpener sitting on the table. :rolf:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is a joke. The "safety first, second, and third" along with the safety glasses and respirator sealed it for me.

But I'd bet he's had at least one customer!

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is a joke. The "safety first, second, and third" along with the safety glasses and respirator sealed it for me.

He has to protect himself from all that lead dust! Well, actually graphite and clay, but maybe he isn't quite that sharp... (sorry, couldn't resist). :rotflm:

Of all the tools in my workshop, hand and powered alike, I must confess that it never once occurred to me that the most valuable tool was the pencil sharpener I have mounted on the well next to a door. And to think, it can sharpen like 8 or 10 different sized pencils -- I wonder what one of those kiddie Jumbo pencils would go for these days. Can I charge extra if I use a 30-year old sharpener over a 3-year old model? Do I have to discount if I use an electric sharpener? How about one of those plastic hand-held sharpeners?

This business plan is getting just so complicated. :BangHead:

No wonder automatic pencils have become so popular! :roll:

Glennbear

Glenn
On a related note I present this shop tip.........I have many traditional and mechanical pencils scattered about my shop. A few weeks ago I was sketching a rather large design layout using a traditional pencil with periodic resharpenings. A phone call interrupted me and when I got back to work I picked up a pencil and automatically stuck it in the sharpener. The shop tip ? A Panasonic electric pencil sharpener does not like to digest mechanical pencils!!! :nah: Fortunately the sharpener survived however the pencil did not. :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS