Selling / Moving shed / shop

decibel

New User
Patrick
I was considering moving my shop with us to our new home but we don't really have a spot to put it yet and the buyer wants to closer earlier on my old house. So what would the group here suggest in how to sell it? It's a 12X24 that was built on site however it could be moved on a rollback from what I understand. I don't know how it works to have a shed moved and if I would just offer it up for sale and let the buyer figure out how to get it out? I've had someone ask about it before but I have no idea on who to call or how to get it moved.

Thanks!

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
We had a house moved once. The physical part didn't take all that long actually. The permitting and logistics is what takes time. I'd go with the just offer it up for sale and let the buyer figure the rest out.

Trey1984

Trey
User
Maybe you could go to where they sell pre Fab building/sheds and see if they put you in contact with who moves there buildings. They have special trailers jyst for that and something to move them with once on site. I don't know how to explain other than they have like a motorized dolly to move them with once off the trailer. But with that being said I think Matt has the best idea. Let the buyer have to work it out.

Trey1984

Trey
User
I built my building so I can move it whenever I have to move but I'm going to put mine on a car trailer when the time comes.

decibel

New User
Patrick
Looks like it's too tall to move soon looks like we will either convince the buyer to keep it or have someone tear it down or want it for salvage

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Looks like it's too tall to move soon looks like we will either convince the buyer to keep it or have someone tear it down or want it for salvage

Yeah. That was one of the problems we ran into was height. Waaayyy to many wires that hang lower than the height of a shed roof (much less a 2 story house) that have to be accounted for. It's just a logistic nightmare at time moving something wider that a normal car lane.

We had the local phone company tell us $18K to take one cable and cut it, bring it down, and after the house passed splice all 800 wire pairs back together. I pointed at the cable going down the street in both directions and asked them why the couldn't drop it off the 2 nearest poles in each direction slip a couple of 2X6's next to it and just drive over it, then raise it back up on the poles where it was before. Price dropped to $900 if done on a weekday, $2200 on a weekend.

The logistics are crazy and the moving company really doesn't usually deal with it. You do.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS