Segmented Turning Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
I have had several people ask me if I would be willing to hold a segmented turning workshop. I also see that several members are in the first stages of jumping off the deep end and into the vortex:gar-La;

If there enough folks interested I would like to do a workshop any Saturday in Feb or Mar. I know there are several other workshops and other events already scheduled, but I am sure we can fit a workshop in somewhere.

This would not be a hands on workshop, because that would be too time consuming. I have done several one on one sessions with several members, but a basic/small turning can take 10-12 hours. That makes for a loooong day or 2 days.

I would show the basic steps from start to finish. From cutting segments, to gluing up rings, to stacking rings, to turning as you go, etc., etc.

If anyone is interested please respond to this thread.

The workshop would last 4-5 hours. We would start about 10:00 and go from there. Lunch will be served. Pizza, subs, ????? I do not cook.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Charlie---------I would love to attend a workshop with you. I have admired your work from the word go!! Count me in unless there is a serious conflict.

Jerry

llucas

luke
Senior User
Charlie, I'd love to come...just let us know as the date gets firm.
I do like the approach you propose...should leave lots of time for questions...and time to see your amazing shop! Looking forward to it.

ck1999

Chris
User
I would really like to come to this workshop. I have been watching yours and Earls post. And love the segmented turnings you create. Please let me the date.

Chris

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Would love to see this also - but its a long drive. Maybe we could get a video posted?
Either way no doubt a worthwhile day coming up!

DWSmith

New User
David
Although I am a total klutz with a lathe, I am interested in the process. Put me down as an interested bystander.

quid_non

Wayne
Senior User
I'd like to learn the magic - if there is space still available.
You do really nice work!
Thanks

Rick M

New User
Rick
Would love to see this also - but its a long drive. Maybe we could get a video posted?
Either way no doubt a worthwhile day coming up!

Someone mentioned the club has video equipment, this would be a good use for it.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
At the moment there are 11 folks interested in a workshop. I would like to keep the group size at 5-6. I will hold a workshop on as many Saturdays (other days are open if required) as necessary.

Please reply to this thread if you prefer Feb. 1st, 8th, 15th or 22nd.

If all, or 1, 2, or 3 of dates are good for you, please say so.
It will make for easier planning.

If none of these dates work, let me know.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would like to come as a photographer. Thanks for doing this for us

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am good Feb 1,15 and 22. We have a firefighter outreach class on Feb 8

Status
Not open for further replies.