Seeking Recommendations for Granite Countertops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtis

New User
Curtis
So now that my bathroom vanity is built and installed, anyone have any experience with granite countertop fabricators in the western north carolina area? Good? Bad? advice? Recommendations?

Looks like this is one project I can't do myself.

blazeman45

Steve
Senior User
Good luck finding one!! I am having a time finding a reputable / reasonable installer for my outdoor kitchen here in Greensboro. If anyone knows one around here please let me know!!

PS... Not trying to hijack your post!! LOL

ncguy77

New User
Jim
I've used schneider stone and they have a huge yard if selection and quality is paramount. They have acres of slabs.

In Raleigh multiple friends and myself have used Vostone if price was critical.

Finally prostoneusa.com in winston or Grensboro if you're OK with direct from china. Their website is talking $27 sqft 4thJuly special with bullnose

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Good luck finding one!! I am having a time finding a reputable / reasonable installer for my outdoor kitchen here in Greensboro. If anyone knows one around here please let me know!!

PS... Not trying to hijack your post!! LOL

I'm not in the NC area but just had granite counter tops installed. I went to the largest wholesaler in the area and asked them to recommend a reputable fabricator. The company the recommended was top notch. They said there are a lot of fabricators who use your down payment to pay for the previous job often leaving you hanging until they get their next deposit. Hope this helps.

John

ncguy77

New User
Jim
For a simple bathroom vanity there's no reason to go to an installer and add his markup when you can go to a bunch of places that has yard and their own installers. Schneider is a turnkey with their own installers. Not sure if Vostone or Prostone has their own installers.

For probably the ultimate low price you can shoot Vostone a dimensioned drawing and pick it up and install yourself if your capable. That way they dont have to send a body to measure or install. For a simple vanity top the labor may be a significant percentage. When you talk to vostone keep telling them you want remnant pricing. Even with remnant, I was able to choose my remnant.

http://www.vostoneinc.com/
http://www.prostoneusa.com/about.htm

If you make a dimensioned drawing you better know how pieces overlap (i.e. backsplash to deck and/or sidesplash, etc). They'll make you sign a waiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS