Seedlings for Reforestation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod

New User
Rod
I am partaking in a small reforestation project. A friend and I are planting around 500 trees on pieces of land that we have around NC and have just ordered the trees.

You all probably already know about the seedlings that the NC Forest Service sells, but I thought I would send a note out in case some of you don't and would be interested in inexpensive trees. Again, they are seedlings. The softwoods come in at 6" - 12" tall and the hardwoods come in around 3'-5' tall...from what I've seen in the past.

The NC Forest Service just opened up to take orders today and sell until they run out of trees. Usually the bareroots are shipped in January or February. Containerized are shipped in October I think. I have attached the link for the catalog. You can send the order in or call 1-888-NC-TREES.

Thanks,
Rod

ps - They do NOT have American Chestnut, which I am looking for as well. If you want me to contact you when I find a supplier, just let me know.

http://www.dfr.state.nc.us/publications/seedcatalog.pdf

Rod

New User
Rod
Thanks Mike! I have looked at that site before and thought that they require that they be able to maintain ownership of the trees. That must have been a different site. I have contacted a few others recently, but haven't heard back from them.

Again, thanks!
Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS