second day at SAPFM conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerome B

New User
Jerome
I had workshops today:

Steve Latta - inlay and stringing. lots of neat tricks, might enven talk me into using a power tool. (dremel) boy were his tricks neat. I'l put up some of his stuff tomorrow.

Al Breed - carving and some hand tool stuff. Id din't think that I would care for the carving, but this was my favorite. I think that I am bitten. Al is real down to earth. I like his teaching style. Very low stress. he carved some shells for us and he did a mock up of a pie crust table.

Alf Sharp - veneering on curved surfaces. real nice, went over hammer veneering and hide glue uses. looked at vacume (sp) bags and cauls, answered lots of questions. real approachable.

Bed time. Put some images of the things that members brought in my gallery. I didn't know where or how to place them. Sorry about the rush.
I think this is how I do a link to my gallery, http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1727

Oh yeah there is a member of NC Woodworker there. I saw the window sticker, but couldn't figure out who it was.

Jerome Bias

nelsone

New User
Ed
Image000061.jpg
This piece is georgeous!!!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ed, I took a machine shop class earlier in my life. The teacher told us that a tool & die maker was a machinist working at half speed. I'd hafta say a furniture maker was the cabinet maker working at half speed. I'd certainly have to slow up a lot to get a beautiful piece of furniture out of wood like that. Bet you're like a blind dog in a meat market up there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors