SCROLL SAW CLUB OF THE FOOTHILLS MEETING

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
The new SCROLL SAW CLUB OF THE FOOTHILLS met Saturday, October 5 at Klingspors Woodworking Shop in Hickory. There was a noticeable echo in the room due to a poor turnout.
I unveiled our new banner, and accompanying business cards. We will have a booth at the Extravaganza, and the promise of folks manning it full time during the show. It has been arranged with Coleman to have one of their saws in the booth for cutting demonstrations, which for me, means cutting out 3D reindeer free hand. Unfortunately, James Cranford, who also always demonstrated cutting, was accidently run over by a pickup truck Tuesday evening, suffering broken ribs, fractured vertebrae, broken jaw, and cracked cheek bone, and severe road rash to the left side of his face, I was with him at Atrium Health, the trauma center in Charlotte, most of the day Wednesday. He was doing good, but had surgery Wednesday for injuries to his ribs, then later to fix jaw, cheek bone, and road rash. Yesterday was more surgery for the ribs. He won't be at the show at all. Looking forward to those wonderful NCWW faces we see so seldom.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
That I'm sure of. We should find some scrollers at the Extravaganza. And looking down the road, with 3 scroll saw clubs in the state, we may be able to hold a picnic someday.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS