Screw clamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdukes

New User
Eddie
I have 2 10" Jorgensens. Didin't realize they had gone out of business. I use mine a lot on the drill press.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
attachment.php
attachment.php

I use them quite a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0817.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 269
  • fullsizeoutput_43.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_43.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 259

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I have quite a few of those in various sizes. They are especially handy for clamping uneven or angled pieces. They take some getting used to.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have several and they get used abused and loved all at the same time.

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
I have 2 10" Jorgensens. Didin't realize they had gone out of business. I use mine a lot on the drill press.

News to me too. Surprised they're gone. I do use mine. They are not just a clamp. Sometimes, they are themselves the beginnings of a jig.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yep, they closed their Chicago manufacturing last year, I read somewhere that they will start manufacturing again from China with in a few years. They are not a US company any more and have changed hands a couple times.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I use them all time, grew up using them with my Grandfather. On the bottom of my clamp rack is two from his shop I still use, they're all wood, no metal in those clamps.

Tom from Clayton

tom
Corporate Member
I have a couple. Originally, before I could afford a vise, I screwed one side down to my bench and used it as a poor mans vise.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have one 4 inch clamp and it is next to useless, if the 6 inch were on sale for $5 I'd get a dozen of them.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I bought 4 of these screw clamps to try (6" l jaws x 2" w). Do many of you use them routinely? Just curious.

They seems to have a lot of other uses that regular clamps just can't do. :dontknow:

https://www.infinitytools.com/blog/2016/06/08/the-best-handscrews-youll-ever-own/

Jeff I have a ton of them from small to very large. I love those clamps and they are good for so many things. Small learning curve on their use.

I have an older clamp that split the jaw wood at the nut hole. I made up some new jaws and one of the rods is just bent a bit. Just will not work.

Tried to find a source for the rods to rebuild. Rockler charges more for the rods and nuts than HF charges for the ready to go clamp. Might be worth looking at it if you decide to enlarge your collection.

I wish there was a supplier of the rods and nuts but it seems all but the guys in Iowa are off shore.

If anybody finds a reasonable source for hardware only, I sure would like to get my broken clamp back in the game.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Dan,

The price of new clamps (made in the USA) isn't a show stopper. Buy new clamps and stop fiddling with repairing them imo.

Woodmolds

Tony
User
http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=69826&cat=51&ap=1

Jeff I have a ton of them from small to very large. I love those clamps and they are good for so many things. Small learning curve on their use.

I have an older clamp that split the jaw wood at the nut hole. I made up some new jaws and one of the rods is just bent a bit. Just will not work.

Tried to find a source for the rods to rebuild. Rockler charges more for the rods and nuts than HF charges for the ready to go clamp. Might be worth looking at it if you decide to enlarge your collection.

I wish there was a supplier of the rods and nuts but it seems all but the guys in Iowa are off shore.

If anybody finds a reasonable source for hardware only, I sure would like to get my broken clamp back in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS