Screen porch truss theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

gritz

New User
Robert
Purlin_time_2.jpg

View image in gallery

Last summer Mt Gomer posted a view of a porch he was building up in Canada. I liked the look so much, I natcherly stole it.

I had my engineer design mine for a 26.5 foot span. I had some help from my stepsons cutting out all the pieces and stacking them on the deck, and then the fun began. After putting all the parts together and removing the props, the trusses sagged 1/4". It's all screened in now and the standing seam roof is on.

This is the last major piece in a five year whole-house remodeling project. Little things left are finishing the inside of the porch, installing 1000 sf of oak flooring, rebuilding the front deck, painting the house, finishing the basement, etc. After 30 years as a contractor, I wanted to say I had done a whole house mostly by myself.

I retire on the 30th and will get to enjoy the porch...after I get the basement shop area finished and the workshop set up.

showphoto.php

Last edited:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Looks like a very peaceful place to sit and enjoy a morning cup of coffee, and just enjoy nature. I like the way it cantilevers out. :icon_thum

Bill

gritz

New User
Robert
I hope you plan on adding some footings/6x6's to that porch soon!!:elvis:

They are there...hidden by the cantilever. the deck is cantilevered 2 feet and the roo is cantilevered another 18 inches. The community wouldn't allow a larger footprint than the prior deck, so I had to get creative to add two feet to the porch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS