Score! Two handplanes.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I dropped into my favorite Antique Mall today (Granddaddy's in Burlington) for a walk.

To my shock, joy and amazement I think I scored some deals!

A 12" woodworking rasp, looked unused for $3

Then, sitting on top of a big display of tools, a solid wooden body scrub plane w/iron.

Sitting on the floor of another booth? A Stanley Bailey Sweetheart #3 with the Stanley Tools logo still on the tote!

So, ready for the deal part? $20 for the scrub, $15.65 for the Stanley. :icon_cheers

IMG_0218.JPG

View image in gallery

It was a good trip :)

Jim

bigcat4t9r

New User
Randy
Congrats on the haul - the No. 3 is a STEAL. I'll have to check that place out sometime. I need to get around to posting some pics of the Preston infill smoother that I picked up a few weeks back at an estate sale - didn't steal it, but I'm happy with what I gave for it.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Be happy to trade you the #3 for that nearly worthless Preston...... :tongue2:

What are friends for :gar-Bi

Jim

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
We're changing your screen name from froglips to

YOU DOG.

That is a great score!!!!!!! And I don't know much 'bout planes.....

ebrant

New User
Ed
I thought you didn't have any use for a scrub plane. Musta been swayed by the price! Great find.:icon_cheers

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I thought you didn't have any use for a scrub plane. Musta been swayed by the price! Great find.:icon_cheers

He doesn't; he bought it to trade for my no name Indian Jack... :rotflm:

Excellent deals! :icon_thum

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Congrats on a most excellent score! Where did you say this mall is? I'm only an hour from Burlington... if they have tools all the time, it's worth the road trip.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Granddaddy's Antique Mall http://www.granddaddys.com/

They always have some tools, and lots of other stuff. Its a big place.

There are at least two booths that are a majority hand tools.

Jim

Jim,

Clearly you are not only a bad influence, you may be an actual carrier of the dreaded WoodGuy Disease... and I thank you for that.:gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;

I'll be visiting Burlington soon.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
The Stanley 3C I just bough cost a fair piece more than that.

Can you post some pics once you get them cleaned up? I'd especially like to see how the Stanley 3 looks.

Man you have all the luck!! :eusa_danc

Chuck

02blues

New User
john
Great find. I have a scrub plane like that one. It is awesome. I wish I knew about it from the beginning.Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors