Scheppach CS 55 Plunge Saw with Two 25" Rails and Connector $125 shipped - Good Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
I know some of you have been talking about this track saw recently so when I saw this, I thought I would pass it on (I already have the EZ Smart tracksaw setup which I like). Woot! has the Scheppach CS 55 6 1/4-inch plunge saw with 2 25" rails and for $120 plus $5 shipping. You can order as many as 3 (if you want) and only have to pay a single $5 shipping charge. I've bought from Woot! many times before without problem (they are owned by Amazon) but they do ship slowly. Here is the link: http://tools.woot.com/offers/scheppach-6-1-4-inch-blade-plunge-saw

If you aren't familiar with Woot! they offer things for sale for one day only so this saw will only be available for sale today (May 23, 2013). It will not be available from Woot! after today.
22cd90cc-4285-498b-8c85-03c065386645.jpg
50d772e2-be63-41f6-8681-68a2ca0a9deb.jpg
46e93375-7f72-4bc2-a77a-819aceccac26.jpg

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I was just getting ready to post this deal on the forum. I see you beat me to the punch. Seems like a good deal. If I didn't already have a tracksaw, I would definitely be jumping on it.

CLetts

New User
Carl
great timing! I've been seriously considering getting a TS55, so I snagged one of these. Thanks for the heads up!

manfre

New User
Manfre
About 10 minutes of searching amazon and ebay have not yielded a seller for additional track pieces. Also don't see the saw being sold on amazon (only 1 available) or ebay. Does anyone know if the grizzly tracks work with this? Not having enough track to do a full length of plywood is not overly useful (at least to me).

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
About 10 minutes of searching amazon and ebay have not yielded a seller for additional track pieces. Also don't see the saw being sold on amazon (only 1 available) or ebay. Does anyone know if the grizzly tracks work with this? Not having enough track to do a full length of plywood is not overly useful (at least to me).

I've got some 55" Grizzly track and it matches perfectly. Should do; both are made by Scheppach.
Grizzly does NOT include the connector bar with their track, so plan on ordering the accessory pkg. A connector bar was included with my original pair of 25" pieces.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I've got some 55" Grizzly track and it matches perfectly. Should do; both are made by Scheppach.
Grizzly does NOT include the connector bar with their track, so plan on ordering the accessory pkg. A connector bar was included with my original pair of 25" pieces.

Joe, any idea if the 160mm diameter blades will fit this saw without issues?

manfre

New User
Manfre

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Joe, thx. I don't have any blades yet, but it seems like the 160mm blades are marketed as replacements for this saw in EU.

I ordered the saw yesterday and a blade today...hopefully I will find out next week.

manfre

New User
Manfre
I haven't been able to find a product manual for the Scheppach, but assuming it's identical to the grizzly version, it's a 160mm with 20mm arbor, just like the festool.

kooshball, which blade did you order?

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I haven't been able to find a product manual for the Scheppach, but assuming it's identical to the grizzly version, it's a 160mm with 20mm arbor, just like the festool.

kooshball, which blade did you order?

http://www.amazon.com/Oshlun-SBFT-1...d=1369448702&sr=1-1&keywords=20mm+arbor+blade

I bought a larger version of this blade to use on a borrowed festool track saw and was blown away by the quality of the cut. I didn't do any side to side tests but if it were priced at $50 it would have still been a great deal, but at $23 it was really a bargin.

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered the saw from Woot and the extra track from grizzly. Hope the saw is dependable for everyone.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Joe, what blade comes with the saw...cross cut, rip or combo?

I only bought the crosscut blade from Oshlun but I have noticed that they offer a combo blade as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS