SawStop and DW735 Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
[/CENTER]
Thanks, Dan. We need to talk about some other things. I still want to take you up on some private lessons, if you're still offering them.

PM so we don't bore the others. I'm fairly open these days. I'm about to take a support wall out of my 2 story house to join the kitchen and dining rooms.

Its involved. Laminated beam with steal plate 16' long in the sandwich assembly. Will take photos.

Here's the house before the wall comes out. Hope it looks the same after the beam install.

later

xx_237.JPG

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
patlaw:

Like Dan I'm not in Carey but rather North Raleigh. I have the 3 HP Sawstop that you are welcome to come try out. I am retired so I am here every day. Send me a PM for my address.

David Turner
North Raleigh

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Mike - I have a DW735 you are welcome to come use up in N. Raleigh. Unfortunately, I can't do this for free, but willing to let you have 10 minutes for the low, low cost of just one new or slightly used Sawstop. :rotflm:

Seriously, if you want to come up to N. Raleigh (Creedmoor/Norwood Rd. Area), I'll show you the 735 and you can also see how the electrician ran the 220lines in my garage. I decided to have my outlets on the ceiling and then the cords drop in the center of the workshop.

All true. Or, if someone in the area has one set up and working, they could give me a ten minute demo. Is it the end of the world if no one offers? Of course not. However, there's no harm in asking.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
220v is the way to go. shouldn't be that expensive to get a circuit run.
I have two quotes - each $1000 - but one electrician has stopped returning my text messages. Hopefully the other one will follow through. I'm about to the point that I run an extension cord to the dryer outlet.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
220v is the way to go. shouldn't be that expensive to get a circuit run.

Can't speak to the Sawstop and 220 but the DW735 does not need 220. I have two points in my shop for 220 and it comes in handy for my large bandsaw.

Its a good idea to wire for both if your walls are not covered yet. Its just too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS