Sawdust Making projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hilbillee

Hello to all,
Hopefully everyone has had a great Thanksgiving. I just posted some pics of some of my sawdust making projects in my photo album . Look for one under my handle hilbillee. Most are gonna be Christmas presents this year...lol. I would have come out cheaper by buying them if I had counted my time as wages...:rolf: . Especially the clock I made for my sister in law. The hummingbird rocking chair was a challenge also. I made that for my nephew's wife who is hummingbird crazy.
Phil H.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Your projects look great Phil. Scrollsawing can be relaxing when you can find the time to do it.

D L

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Nice work Phil, I hope to one day be able to Scroll saw... But until then, I'll just admire other's work.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, Hilbillee, those are really nice. I don't have the patience to labor over the scrollsaw long enough to create something that nice. Did you use patterns or come up with he designs yourself? And what woods were used, especially the dark one?. Great job, thanks for posting, and I am sure the recipients will be just as impressed as I. Dave:)

H

hilbillee

Thanks for the comments everyone! I did enjoy making them. And Clay, you just have to sit down and do it...lol. Some time I will only make one or two cuts in a day as that is all I have time for. I make everything from patterns,I don't have the skill to design. The best place I have found to get patterns is from the "Creative Woodworks & Crafts" magazine. They usually have a bunch of free patterns in each issue. Another good source is the "Scrollsaw Workshop" magazine.

Phillip H.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Phillip, they are beautiful! My daughter just signed up for a scrollsawing class next week. I unfortunately can't join her but I sent your gallery pic's to her for inspiration! I have a cheap old scroll saw that will not stay tuned but I realized after I talked Lauren into taking the class that not only will I be stricken with the dreaded Woodguy disease, she will too and I'll have to buy a decent scrollsaw. Tread softly in this group lest you become a tool addict like us!

Barbara

H

hilbillee

Barbara,

Thank you for the compliment. And I didn't know any place offered scrollsaw classes. I would love to take some of those. I started out with a cheap Ryobi and now have an 18 inch Dremel scroll saw. Wish I could afford a Hegner or a hawk..lol. And I am already a tool addict so I came to the right place. Just today I got a miniature Dremel router table that I can put my Dremel tool in and have a small router table.

b4man

New User
Barbara
She is taking the class at Woodcraft here in Greensboro. It's a one day session on Saturday. Cathy (cskipper) is in the Western part of the state and she might be able to hook you up. She does beautiful scroll work too.

me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS