Saw sharpening service

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonB

New User
Don Beck
Can someone recommend a saw sharpening service in the Asheville-Hendersonville area? Thanks, Don

M

McRabbet

Don,

I'm sorry to say that I can't, even though I've lived here for nearly 3 years and I've done lots of cutting with my tablesaw (Forrest Woodworker II), DeWalt planer and Grizzly jointer. I just haven't need one sharpened yet. But, we have several other woodworkers in the immediate area (3 in the Horse Shoe/Mills River area) that may know of reliable sources.

By the way, you need to start a new thread in the "Who We Are" forum and introduce yourself to the rest of the members of the website. Let us know about yourself, your shop and your woodworking loves. And be sure to upload some pictures into a Photo Gallery as around here, folks say "no pics, it didn't happen".

Finally, we'd love to invite you to join the Western NC Woodworkers Association that we started earlier this year to serve woodworkers in the area -- we will meet at the home/shop of one of our members Stephen Wilson this month (Nov 11th at 1:00 PM) for a barbecue lunch and would like to have you join us. Welcome to the website.

Rob

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Forrest, or Dynamic Saw are as close as the local post office. Both do excellent work. Just shipped a Forrest WWII blade to Forrest for some dental work and sharpening. First class postage was $6.40 from here. As this blade had missing teeth, I didn't insure it, but bought confirmation of delivery. Just checked the USPS web site- mailed from here on the 27th, received by Forrest before noon on the 30th. Basically two days in transit, and less than 1/3 the price of UPS,Fed-Ex stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors