Saw Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdukes

New User
Eddie
Hello,

I picked a Disston No. 4 on eBay pretty cheap. It's probably one of the last ones made.

attachment.php

Anyway, I thought I would try to teach myself saw sharpening but a little confused about a a saw set. Seems the Stanley 42W is model in demand but from what I've read, it may be too large (ppi) for this particular saw. Lee Valley sells a blue one from 12ppi to 26ppi. This particular Disston has 13ppi or so the seller says but looking at the photo, it looks more like 12ppi.

Any recommendations for a saw set. Not a lot of choices out there.

TIA

Attachments

• Disston.jpg
    Disston.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
42X is the one your in need of, you can find then in multiple outlets for old tools, ranging from 50.00 to 120.00 bucks depending on condition and other factors. Or you can try tools for working wood. The sale saw sets, very reasonable pricing. Sorry your missing an opportunity, I'm doing a workshop on saw sharpening Saturday. Clean little saw, enjoy!

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
attachment.php
attachment.php

I picked up a few of these off eBay, at one time I thought I would teach a beginning woodworking course.
Since then decided I sell all the extra tools and not teach any more.
Would be happy to send you one of these. Will probably give the rest of them to Richard.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_8b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_8b.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 152
  • fullsizeoutput_8d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_8d.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 173

tdukes

New User
Eddie
42X is the one your in need of, you can find then in multiple outlets for old tools, ranging from 50.00 to 120.00 bucks depending on condition and other factors. Or you can try tools for working wood. The sale saw sets, very reasonable pricing. Sorry your missing an opportunity, I'm doing a workshop on saw sharpening Saturday. Clean little saw, enjoy!

Thanks!! Sure wished I lived closer to so I could attend.

tdukes

New User
Eddie
attachment.php
attachment.php

I picked up a few of these off eBay, at one time I thought I would teach a beginning woodworking course.
Since then decided I sell all the extra tools and not teach any more.
Would be happy to send you one of these. Will probably give the rest of them to Richard.

WOW!! Serious?? I would really appreciate that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS