Saturday stuff Discovery & Effort

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Well, as I posted before a bunch of the wood I shipped got water damaged, so I figured I would see how bad is it really. I took a piece of 5/4 1x18 Mahogany and decided to use it as a grinder table top... I know crazy utility use of 18"wide stock. Anyway, I ended up planing it down just over 1/4 inch to get it to non stained material.

The pixs are the result of this effort. Gotta say this is the most expensive grinder table I have ever made. The base I think was a commercial sewing machine base I had so I figured I would use it.

The Discovery is a few things from the past I ran across. 1. Is my dad's Boy Scout card that is from the 30's and the the other are some old brass brads I found at a job that were from the 20's. The novel thing about this the container is made of brass, .... interesting, the other is an old Camel tube patch I found with it. That brings back child memories.

Just an average Saturday ....... thought I'd share

Attachments

• Grinder Table (1).jpg
    Grinder Table (1).jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 126
  • Grinder Table (2).jpg
    Grinder Table (2).jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 130
  • oldies (1).jpg
    oldies (1).jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 120
  • oldies (2).jpg
    oldies (2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I visited Emaliano Achaval's shop a couple of years ago on Maui. He had benches made from Koa. Of course he cuts hiss own timber on his property.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors