Satisfied customer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
I delivered and installed the hanging corner cupboard today and although I took several photos, this one is the only one thats even half way viewable. :BangHead: You can see the new owner in the reflection in the door glass. A sweet little lady who took a bad fall a few weeks back and broke her arm. She was ecstatic and gave me many compliments. I was trying to get a shot of the web on the door and didn't realize I had captured her admiring her new piece of furniture until I uploaded them in the computer. I will have to go back and visit sometime and try to get some better pics for my work book.

DSCF00131.JPG

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I look forward to seeing what it looks like.:lol: Congrats on another satisfied customer, she'll tell her friends and you'll have more work.:eusa_clap
Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
Excellent! That's a great picture - it must be very gratifying to see someone really appreciate your work. Well done.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Congrats on another satisfied customer Mike. I look forward to seeing the other pics when you get some. did you do the webbing on the glass door? If so, how did you make it?

D L

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Sweet Mike. The pic may not fit your workbook, but it should go into some type of album for future memories. Look forward to the full pics of it and how you did it.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
D L Ames said:
Congrats on another satisfied customer Mike. I look forward to seeing the other pics when you get some. did you do the webbing on the glass door? If so, how did you make it?

D L

DL,

The webbing or whatever one may call it was made piece by piece. I had to get creative in order to have some support for it since it is only 5/16 sq. less the round over on the top edge. The curved pieces were first soaked with water using a paper towel wrapped around the center area over nite. I then clamped them together using a clamp and used a heat gun to get the bend to shape ( corner to corner. Once it dried in that shape, I face glued it in the center. Next came the smaller rectangles on the side. I mitered the corners then half lapped the miters so there was some glue surfaces. I also made tenons on the bottom of the ends which were mortised into the stiles of the door. Then came the intersecting pieces that crossed the curved members and joined the corners of the rectangle. I cut half laps in the curved pieces and the intersecting pieces and formed a tenon on the upper end which was mortised into the rails at the top and bottom of the door. The joint at the rectangle was just angled / glued / and pinned with a small brad. I would have liked to have made a better joint but couldn't figure out how to join the end to the mitered corner and make it look right. I think the look is OK and I have seen many antiques with the same type of joints and they have held up well. The key thing here, it isn't structural so unless someone hangs on it, it isn't going anywhere. Oh and the curved pieces were just pinned in the corners with a small brad.

Mike

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Wow, now that sure sounds like a time consuming project and a lot of attention to detail. I hope you can get some more pix of the cabinet. I would really like to see the rest of it.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS