sanding shellac question

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
I am now suspect of the shellac, that it is not drying or curing properly, but my suggestion is to get in touch with Colman @woodworkingshop.com and he or one of his guys should be able to help.

I am going to "jump-in" on the "poly as a sealer" idea, I have NEVER had success with that, it seems like it is "pasticy" and loads a disc faster than anything! YMMV but it would NOT be my "go-to"

Mike Z is our finishing expert and he chimed in here. I suspect he will hop back on when time and discuss further. This is a very interesting discussion to say the least. I will back away and let the experts in finishing work this one out.

Thank you.

Coleman

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Hank I have never had a problem with liquid Sealcoat going bad. It dried really well. It was dry 2 weeks before sanding. I used the same batch to seal the cherry for this project . I had no trouble hand sanding those parts. I'm pretty sure that the frictional heat from my ROS is the problem. I was just disappointed that the greencoat disks were not the answer. Thanks for the warning about using poly as a sealer. I'll be sure to test it on some scraps.

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Thanks for your interest Coleman. I would be happy to explore this with your experts. Your company has always supported NCWW well.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS