Sander for small circles

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Anyone have a recommendation for a electric sander for sanding the bottom of small circle about 1" deep 2-3 round?

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
I have the sanding discs from Woodturner's Wonders for doing bowls. Just uses a drill (I use Woodturner's Wonders right angle drill for sanding bowls), and comes in 1-3" diameters. I especially like the roloc quick change connectors. Saves a ton of time between grits. That would probably work for this.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
I have the sanding discs from Woodturner's Wonders for doing bowls. Just uses a drill (I use Woodturner's Wonders right angle drill for sanding bowls), and comes in 1-3" diameters. I especially like the roloc quick change connectors. Saves a ton of time between grits. That would probably work for this.
thanks that is what I am looking for.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Order a kit with the drill.
in case you may need to order something found a $15 coupon code. not sure what the terms are for it. but saved me $15

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Even Horrible Freight has little small diameter, velcro backed sanding disks cheap. You would need an extension to the shaft.
Also look on the automotive supply side of things. You may find something with one less zero in the price tag.

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
Try an old-fashioned vibrating pad sander, not the rotary style. Put your discs on a non-skid pad or donut and use really light pressure.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors