Safety by example

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRock

New User
Gil
Hey guys and gals,

I haven't been around much lately, but I have been lurking a little. I'm very happy to see this forum about safety. it's something we can never forget about and should continue to encourage others to always work in a safe manner.

From years and years of working in manufacturing environments, I had got in the habit of usually wearing safety glasses when doing most anything at home. my son is 14 now and I can't tell you how good it feels when he starts to work on something and the very first thing he does is grab some safety glasses.......without being told! Same thing with the wife.

The old saying "lead by example" could never be truer or more important than when dealing with shop safety.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Hey guys and gals,

I haven't been around much lately, but I have been lurking a little. I'm very happy to see this forum about safety. it's something we can never forget about and should continue to encourage others to always work in a safe manner.

From years and years of working in manufacturing environments, I had got in the habit of usually wearing safety glasses when doing most anything at home. my son is 14 now and I can't tell you how good it feels when he starts to work on something and the very first thing he does is grab some safety glasses.......without being told! Same thing with the wife.

The old saying "lead by example" could never be truer or more important than when dealing with shop safety.

Gil I know that must be encouraging to see the product of your diligence in using your safety glasses. Keep up the good work and I will try to follow your example also.

M

McRabbet

Hear Hear! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I applaud your teaching and setting the example. I wear mine (with side shields) whenever I'm in the shop -- You only get one set of eyes and they are worth protecting!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS