S.O.S.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
S.O.S......... ...

An Airbus 380 is on its way across the Atlantic. It flies consistently at 800 km/h at 30,000 feet, when suddenly a Eurofighter with Tempo Mach 2 appears. The pilot of the fighter jet slows down, flies alongside the Airbus and greets the pilot of the passenger plane by radio: "Airbus, boring flight isn’t it? Now have a look here!"

He rolls his jet on its back, accelerates, breaks through the sound barrier, rises rapidly to a dizzying height, then swoops down almost to sea level in a breathtaking dive. He loops back next to the Airbus and asks, "Well, how was that?"

The Airbus pilot answers: "Very impressive, but now you look!"

The jet pilot watches the Airbus, but nothing happens. It continues to fly stubbornly straight, with the same speed. After 15 minutes, the Airbus pilot radios, "Well, how was that?"

Confused, the jet pilot asks, "What did you do?"

The AirBus pilot laughs and says, "I got up, stretched my legs, walked to the back of the aircraft to use the washroom, then got a cup of coffee and a chocolate fudge pastry.

The moral of the story is:

When you are young, speed and adrenaline seem to be great. But as you get older and wiser, you learn that comfort and peace are more important.

This is called S.O.S.......... Slower, Older & Smarter.

Dedicated to all my friends who are like me, now realizing that it is time to slow down and enjoy the rest of the trip.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
LOL ........ Thanks for the laugh

S.O.M.E.S. was my dad's mantra.......
Slower, Older, More Efficient, Smarter.

bainin

New User
bainin
Slower and Older come for free, Smarter you just still might have to put effort into that one !

b

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I think I remember something about chocolate something, but what were we talking about??? Did I mention I'll be 78 in 3 weeks? Did I mention I'll be 78 in 3 weeks? Oh that's right, my thumb smarts. :rolleyes: o_O:eek:

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Young guys can wait until tomorrow to pee!
We used a "piddle-pak," AKA a "cheese sandwich," when we had to pee in flight. It consisted of a thick plastic bag with a sealable nozzle with a compressed dry sponge inside. When the pee hit the sponge it rapidly expanded collecting all the pee. Snap the lid on the nozzle and stow out of the way.

1638115163692.png

When women started flying tactical jets, they needed to modify it with a wider nozzle.

1638115250563.png

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
LOL, I still ride my Hayabusa, 150mph in under 10 seconds. So far I have managed to stay out of jail since I bought it in 2009.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
You don't use a H.E.R.E.? High elevation receiving element? But maybe that was for earlier generations of Sky-jockeys.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
We used a "piddle-pak," AKA a "cheese sandwich," when we had to pee in flight. It consisted of a thick plastic bag with a sealable nozzle with a compressed dry sponge inside. When the pee hit the sponge it rapidly expanded collecting all the pee. Snap the lid on the nozzle and stow out of the way.

[Photos deleted for space]

When women started flying tactical jets, they needed to modify it with a wider nozzle.
Just TMI!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS