Ryobi BT3100 Switch Failure - FREE Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
A number of BT3100.1 saws made during late 2004 and first half of 2005 have switches which may stick in the ON position. The contacts are welding closed. The switch can be immediately rejuvenated by changing the leads to the second terminals revealed by removing the switch module from the cabinet. (four screws). Then send me a message to receive a free replacement switch with improved spring release pressure and improved plating on the switch contacts.

Because the switch will not "make" both sets of contacts at exactly the same time, there is no significant value to a jumper which would utilize dual contact sets.

Saw switches are high amp load, seeing close to forty amps at start up. It is not a good idea to wire a household lighting switch into a saw circuit.

Wayne Hill
Techtronic Industries North America, Inc.
(Ryobi)
Anderson, South Carolina
wayne.hill@ttigroupna.com

pete

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks for the info Pete, I do not own a Ryobi however this does raise a question in my mind. If saws do indeed have a start up draw of 40 amps or so as stated why are we not seeing a rash of tripped breaker complaints on 20 amp circuits ? :icon_scra I have an old RAS that was rewired with a light type switch years ago when the electronics went bad hence my concern with the comment that a light type switch was not suitable.:eusa_thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS