Rules for the "For Sale / Wanted" forum.

Warren

Warren
Corporate Member
I have been around since the early days and listed as corporate member. Where do I locate the "Post threat button? I have posted "for sale" as well forum items in the past.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have been around since the early days and listed as corporate member. Where do I locate the "Post threat button? I have posted "for sale" as well forum items in the past.
From the main forum page (you may need to click the "Forums" link), look above the "Our Sponsors" banner on the right

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
This forum section is for members to post personal woodworking-related items for sale (or offer to purchase). In order to post here, you must have User or higher status (i.e., not New User). If you don't see the "Post Thread" button, that is why. If you are unclear why you are still in New User status, look at the "Promotion Info" under your profile.

Posts here are for non-commercial single time sales. If you would like to advertise items for your business, contact the staff here.

Do not posts comments disparaging the listings here or quibbling on the price. Genuine questions or additional information on the item is permitted.
Could you add instructions on how to remove one's ad once the item has been disposed of/is no longer available?
I think there is a way. I think I was able to do it. But cannot recall. found myself jumping on a garage door ad for a second time after the item(s) were gone: From Sep 7, 2021!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Could you add instructions on how to remove one's ad once the item has been disposed of/is no longer available?
I think there is a way. I think I was able to do it. But cannot recall. found myself jumping on a garage door ad for a second time after the item(s) were gone: From Sep 7, 2021!
Charles, in a perfect world the OB (original poster) should update the Ad or close the thread. Any of the moderators or Admin folk can also do it if requested. I will see if some simple instructs can be put together but even if it is simple, it will still fall on the OB.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Charles, in a perfect world the OB (original poster) should update the Ad or close the thread. Any of the moderators or Admin folk can also do it if requested. I will see if some simple instructs can be put together but even if it is simple, it will still fall on the OB.
I went ahead and added (Gone) to the listing...

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
I went ahead and added (Gone) to the listing...
Thanks.
" OB (original poster) should update the Ad or close the thread." SCOTTM
Well, yeah. But, as the questions scattered in this thread attest, folks are more into WW'ing than computers. It took me a while (maybe a year ago?) to discover how I could delete my stuff - (or have someone do it - to be honest, I can't recall details).
One would think deleting a post would be a feature of the software - maybe adjacent the "Like" up thumb or in the "More Options" If you find out, let me know!
After all, it is likely that the vast majority of the listings under For Sale have sold.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
After all, it is likely that the vast majority of the listings under For Sale have sold.
Charles,
IIRC there is not a function for deleting a post built into the software.
Additionally there was a decision made some time ago to keep the for sale listings as they are a good reference for setting pricing for future items (when someone doesn't have a good pricing reference.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
One option would be to create a 'Sold' subgroup, where items can be moved once sold or no longer available to be sold. We'll have to look at the permission settings as to who would be allowed to move posts into that subgroup, definitely moderators would have it, OPs, that needs to be discussed

bluthart

New User
Brian
This forum section is for members to post personal woodworking-related items for sale (or offer to purchase). In order to post here, you must have User or higher status (i.e., not New User). If you don't see the "Post Thread" button, that is why. If you are unclear why you are still in New User status, look at the "Promotion Info" under your profile.

Posts here are for non-commercial single time sales. If you would like to advertise items for your business, contact the staff here.

Do not posts comments disparaging the listings here or quibbling on the price. Genuine questions or additional information on the item is permitted.
Good afternoon. I have been a user since the mid 2000s. Not sure why it says new user. Haven't logged in in a while. Trying to sell some hickory lumber.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not sure why it says new user. Haven't logged in in a while.
After tonight your status will update. If you do not log in once every 30 days, you revert to "New User" status.

FlyingRon

Ron
One option would be to create a 'Sold' subgroup, where items can be moved once sold or no longer available to be sold. We'll have to look at the permission settings as to who would be allowed to move posts into that subgroup, definitely moderators would have it, OPs, that needs to be discussed
We could do that or just have the subject line changed to SOLD. Either way would be fine with me.

MarkDarby

Mark
Corporate Member
Hi there. I'm trying to post an item for sale, but lack privileges. Would you mind upgrading my permissions?

Thanks,
Mark

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hi there. I'm trying to post an item for sale, but lack privileges. Would you mind upgrading my permissions?

Thanks,
Mark
Permissions reset when it's been more than 30 days since your last login. You'll be able to post in the "For Sale/Wanted" section tomorrow

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Wow, I never knew some of this (rules/procedures_ and none of these posts appear to be 'current.' Yet I just got a notice that tehre had been a 'new reply' to this thread!

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wow, I never knew some of this (rules/procedures_ and none of these posts appear to be 'current.' Yet I just got a notice that tehre had been a 'new reply' to this thread!
You can choose "Unwatch" from the top of the thread to keep from getting the notices.
Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 6.57.46 PM.png

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
You can choose "Unwatch" from the top of the thread to keep from getting the notices.
View attachment 208707
"Permissions reset when it's been more than 30 days since your last login."

"You can choose "Unwatch"

Right, understood. My comment was NOT in the nature of a complaint.

I was simply commenting on the fact that rules/processes/procedures such as the one referenced were a surprise to me 'after all these years.'

And, as was noted, on a topic/subject/thread that I have technically been "watching!"

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Interested in an overarm pin router if anyone has one.
Lowell, I think you want to post that as a new topic/subject in the For Sale / Wanted forum as this appears to be a topic about the rules for the For Sale / Wanted forum.

click on

• For Sale / Wanted
    and then hover over the area above the list of posts and you should see something saying post a new thread to this forum (words to the effect) and type your "Want and overarm in router" title and a window should appear for you to enter the details.
1647653921755.png

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS