Rules for the "For Sale / Wanted" forum.

FlyingRon

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Ron
Staff member
Corporate Member
This forum section is for members to post personal woodworking-related items for sale (or offer to purchase). In order to post here, you must have User or higher status (i.e., not New User). If you don't see the "Post Thread" button, that is why. If you are unclear why you are still in New User status, look at the "Promotion Info" under your profile.

Posts here are for non-commercial single time sales. If you would like to advertise items for your business, contact the staff here.

Do not posts comments disparaging the listings here or quibbling on the price. Genuine questions or additional information on the item is permitted.

marinosr

Richard
Senior User
I like that only people who are actual participating members of the site can post for-sale ads. Unfortunately it seems that this just leads people who are just signing up to sell something to post their ads in inappropriate forums. Hopefully this sticky will curtail that?

FlyingRon

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Ron
Staff member
Corporate Member
The criteria for getting to the "User" level is five posts and a posting in the "About Me" forum. So far, I've not found any real abuse. A few people have indeed signed up to get access to the for sale section, but most seem interested enough in the forum. The board is free to change the various user level requirements (we have done so in the past) to adapt to the behavior of the posters.

Oddly enough, the people who most inquire about access are those who HAVE been members for a while but haven't been on the board in 30 days. I timeout people who haven't visited in 30 days (this is much simpler than the rather cumbersome "visit frequency" we used to have) just to clean up people who have disappeared. If you return to the forum, you don't have to start over, just wait a day for the site to recognize you're back.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS