Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
I am envious or whatever of everyone who has taken a class with Sir Roy.He sounds and looks like a class with him would be very informative and entertaining.I am not able to travel that far or have the funds.Tony

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Tony,

I can totally understand what you are saying.

Luckily, I live about a 40 minute drive from his school, so I took a few of his $30 wed night seminars.

I've met folks at his classes who have come from New York and California. Roy is really a big draw!

Jim

02blues

New User
john
Really amazing that he is here.
What an inspiration. Ashamed to say I have not been to a class yet. It is on the "to do" list.

sash plane

New User
steve
I did his Dovetail class..... It was my xmas gift from wife..... I should have done it sooner, but I thought wow....do I really want to spend $$$$ on a woodworking class.... I was wrong to wait....

ScottM and SteveColes was in the class with me..... The only thing that you will be sorry about...
It goes by to quick.....!!!!!! Just remember to take alot of pic's..... I forgot to...I was having to much fun to remember to take pic's.....lol

shanekennedy

New User
shane
took 1 of his sat dovetails classes in jan along w/ a handful of his wed night classes

i live 5mins from downtown Pboro, so really convenient classes

all cool stuff

entertaining to hear him crack on norm

started looking around @ other woodwork classes & realized how affordable roy is

CatButler

New User
Bryan
One thing that impressed me is that he wasn't interested in selling me anything. The way a lot of things work is your $30 for 3 hour seminar gets you in the door, but there are always attempts to sell you something. I guess I have come to expect it with today's celebrities, but there was literally nothing I could spend my money on there. No books (I actually would have liked a book), T shirts, anything. He served coffee, drinks, and snacks at break time. He copied plans from his books and gave them to us. I guess I should have come to know he is a different kind of celebrity.

shanekennedy

New User
shane
One thing that impressed me is that he wasn't interested in selling me anything. The way a lot of things work is your $30 for 3 hour seminar gets you in the door, but there are always attempts to sell you something. I guess I have come to expect it with today's celebrities, but there was literally nothing I could spend my money on there. No books (I actually would have liked a book), T shirts, anything. He served coffee, drinks, and snacks at break time. He copied plans from his books and gave them to us. I guess I should have come to know he is a different kind of celebrity.

he makes all his extra cash on the mutton tallow stock he owns :)

dude is all about some mutton tallow

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
The one day class I did was the best "personal day" I have done in a long time. Learned a lot, was immersed in the work and entertained throughout. His TV persona is very genuine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS