CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Hard to tell from the description, but if I were local I would check:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/2412447093.html

Delta 10" table saw - $50 (roxboro)

Date: 2011-05-31, 11:35AM EDT
Reply to: sale-7h7by-2412447093@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Detla 10" table saw forsale its been in a old shop unused for a good time but it still works an some of the ajustments a rusted up but nothen a little bp blaster wont fix. 50 bucks or best offer

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I bought my Delta new then it sat in the barn for several years. It got pretty rusty in the undercarriage.

I had to completely disassemble, clean, reassemble and adjust the saw before it would tilt. There are a couple small points that are a little tricky, but nothing you can't handle. It took me about 4 hours with no instructions and never done anything like that before.

CarvedTones

Andy
It's one of those "showing my age" things, but now I am afraid I can no longer assume that an "old" Delta isn't one of those imported benchtop screamers. The rust is oddly a good sign - plastic and aluminum don't rust.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Sounds like it may be worth checking out.

I sent an email asking if there are any pictures available.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
It's one of those "showing my age" things, but now I am afraid I can no longer assume that an "old" Delta isn't one of those imported benchtop screamers. The rust is oddly a good sign - plastic and aluminum don't rust.

I was thinking the same thing....

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
He sent me a picture. Looks like a bit of work to get into working condition.

downsized_0531111156_1_.JPG

View image in gallery

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'd have to agree it would be a good project saw. I bought a Craftsman not that good for $40 & spent a little time & elbow grease on it to get a pretty decent saw. It would definitely teach someone NOT to let it rust,and would be a good training experience. No beauty contests could be won with it but it could prove to be a very functional saw. Just make sure there are no seized bearings on the motor or arbor.
Better not think too long on this one or it will probably be gone.
Ya snooze, ya lose.

CarvedTones

Andy
Seller claims it works and the power cord is headed somewhere out of the picture. If there truly is a working motor of a horse or so, I think it is probably worth it. Maybe we a re reading that picture differently, but I don't think it is beyond restoration. If I were nearby and had a spot for it, I would look. The seller mentions OBO so a lowball wouldn't insult.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
The saw looks to be a Delta 34-670. New, it was a cut below the Delta Contractor's Saw.

It has a universal motor and inexpensive (but functional) fence.

A good used contractor's saw seems to run $350-550, so the value of this saw after restoration is something below that.

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS