Router Workshop Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinson

Doug
Corporate Member
I am like Andy, the router strikes terror in me. I NEED to attend if I can. Don't live close.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Can we use the NCWoodworker video equipment and record this class? Then put it on the site so anyone who can't make the class can at least view the video.

Joe, Thanks for your offer to run this class. Unfortunately, I won't be able to be one of your students. I'm comfortable with using routers, but there always seems to be something new in any class that I take. I'm sure that those who attend will learn a lot.

Charley

DanR

New User
Dan
If you have room I would like to come also. The 4th is fine.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Can we use the NCWoodworker video equipment and record this class? Then put it on the site so anyone who can't make the class can at least view the video.

Joe, Thanks for your offer to run this class. Unfortunately, I won't be able to be one of your students. I'm comfortable with using routers, but there always seems to be something new in any class that I take. I'm sure that those who attend will learn a lot.

Charley

Does NCWoodworker own video equipment?

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
These workshops work best in groups of 4-5. So, it looks like we have enough interest for both the 4th and 11th.

You won't need to bring a router unless you have a Q. specific to that router. And then there's no guarantee I'll be any help!

DO bring safety glasses and hearing protection.

Next step is to PM me with your name, a contact # and select your date.

Jan 4...

patlaw
manfre
Obxwoody
RonJ103

Jan 11.....

vtxmanmike
hymie123
golfdad
DanR

Last edited:

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I can on the 11th......the 4th I will be in Baltimore @ The Woodworking Show....let me know

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
The slots are filled for January.

Jan 4...

patlaw
manfre
Obxwoody
RonJ103

Jan 11.....

vtxmanmike
hymie123
golfdad
DanR

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
If anyone has a need for slot to be cut in a project they're working on, bring it with you and we'll use it to demo the 'platen'.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Joe and I have already talked about this, but I am recovering from a very bad cold. It's probably not a good idea for me to attend the workshop tomorrow. Another person has offered me his slot for the 11th, but that leaves an opening tomorrow. Is someone who is not already on the list interested in attending tomorrow?

Maybe I'll wake up feeling great. or maybe not. Better safe than sorry.

lnelson

New User
Larry
Joe,

I would be interested in participating. I am available any weekend in January other than the 11th-12th. I have always felt that I have "under-used" my routers and would be interested in more of the non-standard use and some fixture usage. Also, based on response to a post I did a few months ago, I recently purchased a PC dovetail jig. Would be really interested in seeing how an experienced user makes the most of this fixture.

Thanks for offering to hold the session, sounds very worthwhile.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I just attended the router workshop today. Thanks a lot for taking the time to hold this Joe! It was really useful. It is always nice to learn some new tricks, visit someone else's shop and meet other woodworkers at the same time.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
I, too, attended the workshop today. It was a truly awesome event. If you get the chance, attend one of Joe's workshops. He is a master.

Joe, thanks for sharing your experience and wisdom. You're a true gentleman.

manfre

New User
Manfre
IMG_20140104_143629.jpg

IMG_20140104_145636.jpg

IMG_20140104_150931.jpg

IMG_20140104_155943.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS